Summer Thunder 09' Shaumburg, IL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know for sure is;

D Hydro:

1. David Prusse

2. Larry Gempp Jr.

3. Mr. Geisen (not sure how its spelled) :unsure:

Larry Jr.

Just got home from a great day in Schaumburg.

I would like to thank Phil T again for getting me through all my heats and coaching me on driving.

Phil, I could not have done it without your great help, patience and guidance.

Thanks to all the other racers who also helped me out during the day.

I learned some great things like tunnel hulls require total finise and Sport 40's are a wild ride.

Thanks to all the guys that spent their time setting up the pond and running the races.

Thank you all again and plan to see you in Naperville at the end of June.

Regards,

Jack Land

FIsher, IL

Hi All,

I will get all the results by the end of today, I can give what I know.

A Hydro

1. Paul Bychowski

2. Davey Preusse

3. Chuck Giesen

B Hydro

1. Paul Bychowski

2. Gary Preusse

3. Mark Voorheis

now regarding the other races I remember :

B Mono

1. Terry Flynn

E/F Mono

1. Cliff Zeek

2. Mark Voorheis

Like I said I am sorry, I will get the rest of the Standings I hope by tonight.

Paul

p.s. Thanks Everyone, this was by far the best conditions for racing in a couple yrs here for sure. Sunny low 60's, I dont think there was any wind til second round and that was not bad less than 10mph...................Just a Sweet Day !!

You Gotta Love the People who Race Toy Boats ................................ Just Awesome !!!

Guys, a thank you to all who turned out for our race. It was great to see the new and regulars and to meet the new guys out there. being the new kids on the block to racing my son and myself have learned so much from this race we think we are ready now to finally run with the pack. That D Hydro race was insane. Hopefully I will see you guys at the Badger race. Paul, maybe my 40 boat will make it to D hydro, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Roy and Anthony

Quote of the day- Bruce to Paul "maybe there was another one"

Last edited by a moderator:
Summer Thunder: You guys put on an awesome race. Thank you very much for the "customized" First place D mono trophy featuring my yellow Seaducer. I plan to hang this one up on my wall. Very cool!

Cathy Preusse

P.S. I made it home in time. No mess to clean up. My puppy did great all by himself for 9 hours!

Thanks for the vids and a really fun race Tom!
Larry Gempp Jr.
results ? anyone im intrested to see how our club members did? porkchop pete and mark...we need a name for mark like pete has..lol :D

terminator
I manage to come out with a second in sport 20 hydro.

porkchop and ?

dum and dummer is taken already :lol:
Pete got a 3RD in D Mono, I had my hands full with Cathy, congrats Cathy on 1ST.

I had a 3RD in B Hydro, congrats Paul on 1St, Gary 2ND.

E/F MONO Cliff 1ST , congrats Cliff, he has 1200 points now on D-4 high points

Careful Phil on the nicknames, :)

Hey TK, you also, :)

Since we're all adding D4 shout outs for Summer Thunder Finishes...

I need to give a call to the drivers I was calling for.

Mike Crawford

1200 points in 21 Tunnel

1200 points in 40 Tunnel

Brian Stieglitz

1150 points in Sport 40

Larry Jr. sorry man that I couldn't bring you some luck !

Me, well, not as good as them, but the 4 way runoff for 2nd place in 20 mono sure was fun.

Congratulations to Terry Flynn who brought home the 20 Mono traveling trophy this year!!

Garrett

Mike Crawford

1200 points in 21 Tunnel

1200 points in 40 Tunnel

Brian Stieglitz

1150 points in Sport 40

Me, well, not as good as them, but the 4 way runoff for 2nd place in 20 mono sure was fun.

Congratulations to Terry Flynn who brought home the 20 Mono traveling trophy this year!!

Garrett
I want to give all of the Summer Thunder Club members a great big thank you for fantastic job you did at the race. The new members came thru with the extra help that was needed and the old members who taught them the ropes to keep everything moving along smoothly. Also a very big thanks to CLIFF ZEEK who without his wading in 3 ft plus water would not have made the race possible and to Paul Bychowski for adding the ramps to the launch platform.

John Kubitz

Mike Crawford

1200 points in 21 Tunnel

1200 points in 40 Tunnel

Brian Stieglitz

1150 points in Sport 40

Garrett
I want to give all of the Summer Thunder Club members a great big thank you for fantastic job you did at the race. The new members came thru with the extra help that was needed and the old members who taught them the ropes to keep everything moving along smoothly. Also a very big thanks to CLIFF ZEEK who without his wading in 3 ft plus water would not have made the race possible and to Paul Bychowski for adding the ramps to the launch platform.

John Kubitz
I also have to thank the boaters who came out for some great racing.

To all that attended our race, we are thrilled you had fun and enjoyed the race. We hope to see all of you back next year.

Roy

aka - the BIG guy in the retreive boat

All Results :

B Mono

1 Terry Flynn

2 Garrett Randall

3 Bill Cipolla

A Hyd

1 Paul B

2 Davy Preusse

3 Chuck Gieson

Spt 20

1 Joey Cipolla

2 Phil Thomas

3 Davy Preusse

B O.B. Tunnel

1 Mike Crawford

2 Ron Zaker Sr.

3 Bill Cipolla

B Hyd

1 Paul B

2 Gary Preusse

3 Mark Voorhies

D Mono

1 Cathy Preusse

2 Joe Kratky

3 Peter Collinson

Spt 40

1 Brian Stieglitz

2 Joe Kratky

3 Ken Stang

D O.B. Tunnel

1 Mike Crawford

2 Joey Cipolla

3 Bill Cipolla

D Hyd

1 David Preusse

2 Larry Gemp Jr.

3 Chuck Gieson

1/8 Scale

1 Gary Preusse

2 David Preusse

3 Ken Stang

E/F Mono

1 Cliff Zeek

2 Mark Voorhies

Sorry for the delay with all these results, Thank You Again everyone...................... This was a Blast !!

Paul

Back