Summer Outboard Shootout!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we just got home and I am beat!

Had a blast up at Kem's big pond, some super tough racing all around and surprisingly enough I walked away with a 3rd in b mod. Not bad for a newbie like .e

There is some really good talk about a bunch of exciting new possibilities so keep your eyes and ears open to the future. And start preparing for the Herby Stewart because if this weekend was any indication of what you'll end up dealing with in November, you better start hitting the pond.

I think the best racing I saw all weekend was between Jay H. and John O. in B stock, last heat of the day. Some dame good driving!

Well we just got home and I am beat!

Had a blast up at Kem's big pond, some super tough racing all around and surprisingly enough I walked away with a 3rd in b mod. Not bad for a newbie like .e

There is some really good talk about a bunch of exciting new possibilities so keep your eyes and ears open to the future. And start preparing for the Herby Stewart because if this weekend was any indication of what you'll end up dealing with in November, you better start hitting the pond.

I think the best racing I saw all weekend was between Jay H. and John O. in B stock, last heat of the day. Some dame good driving!
One of the best races all weekend, and there where a bunch. Good to hear you boys are back safe with our Fl share of the lumber Matt
default_wink.png

I failed to follow up before I left - How do I get one of those Gilley Pond Tee shirts I asked about this weekend -

I GOTTA HAVE ONE
default_cool.png

Im sure Ricky will get the final results posted up soon - but the gist is,

Mic and Jay did well with 4 places I believe- Otto had a couple- Culhane won in the sparky class - Jimmy Duncan got a handful of 2nds - Corey placed.

Heck even me and Matt got some wood
default_blink.png
LOL

You guys missed one hell of a good time , next year has soo much good stuff in the works and Kem is on board to really make it a "first class" premier site-

Stay Tuned and you had better get you and Jeff back in gear or your gonna get left behind
default_wink.png

A few more , I will camp here every time I come from here on out- beautiful doesnt describe the it.

rc8oc6.jpg

This is from the door of my tent on SAT AM - SWEEEEET.

11j0ivs.jpg

Heck even the fishing is good there - lol
default_cool.png

hrkeh5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B Tunnel

1. John Otto

2. Jimmy Duncan

3. Mat Minassian

D Tunnel

1. Andy Smith

2. Jimmy Duncan

3. Jay Halbrehder

P Limited

1 Mike Culhane

2.Rick English

3 Jay Halbrehder

Gas Tunnel

1 John Otto

2 Rick Bearden

3 Kem Gilley

Open Tunnel

1 Jay Halbrehder

2 Jimmy Duncan

Sport B

1 Jay Halbrehder

2 Andy Smith

3 Corey Duncan

Super Stock D

1 Mic Halbrehder

2 Jimmy Duncan

3 Andy Greene

B Tunnel

1. John Otto

2. Jimmy Duncan

3. Mat Minassian

D Tunnel

1. Andy Smith

2. Jimmy Duncan

3. Jay Halbrehder

P Limited

1 Mike Culhane

2.Rick English

3 Jay Halbrehder

Gas Tunnel

1 John Otto

2 Rick Bearden

3 Kem Gilley

Open Tunnel

1 Jay Halbrehder

2 Jimmy Duncan

Sport B

1 Jay Halbrehder

2 Andy Smith

3 Corey Duncan

Super Stock D

1 Mic Halbrehder

2 Jimmy Duncan

3 Andy Greene
Max got 3rd in Open Tunnel BTW
default_wink.png

Sorry Max, I left you out. He did get 3rd in Open, and has the plaque to proove it!!!

Andy great pics! Houston we have lift off!! It didn't look like it was hitting the pipe that hard. While driving from the stand. All I got to say is Mike Crawford builds a boat that can really FLY.

Want to thank Gilley's for hosting us all and a great race site. Rick Beardon and the rest of the SOWEGA crew who worked the race. The Duncan clan and all the outboard faithful who made this a quality race It doesn't take 200 boats to have a very competitive field. We had to stop Ricky after three rounds on Saturday so we had a couple heats to run Sunday. One of the benefits of a smaller specialty race is you have time to relax. The tri-oval added a nice twist to a challenging short course at the pond. Look forward to running there again.

Complete scores were up on RCracingevents thanks to SOWEGA club again.

Mic

Back