Strut depth on a PT 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Whitt

Yeah,I know.Iposted this on the hydr board but I have one of these stupid filters at work and denies me access to that thread because a Illegal word grouping was found.How stupid is that.So I guess another reason to watch your language on a public sight as poor $^%*& like me cant get access.

Any ways can someone answer this for me.And in a polite manner please ????

Dennis, will you run a 7.5 nitro or electric?

I have set the strut so that the front pads are only about 1/16th off the table with almost a flat strut angle.

For starters on the prop stick with the x450 or a x646/3.

What setup for radio and fuel tank does it have?

PHIL

BRIAN S. WROTE THIS

I call the front pads in front of the steps recovery pads.

The hull can be set up with either 1455 props very shallow, with a little angle, and a bit of cup.

Or a x450 a little deeper and flatter.

Easy set up either way.

I use the 1455 and it is about 5/8 inch from bottom of strut to middle of shaft at the back of the strut.

Good luck

Brian S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Phil.Thanks for relaying that.No this will be set up for FE at the Indy/Cincinatti race.I think you will like the work that went into this one.I cut the cowel off about two inches behind the stock windsheild and glassed in the cocpit area and also cut off the flat back portion for a tape down hatch.The boat is done up from pictures of a NM grand prix boat with intake scoop and header pipes and I also replaced the canards with a one peice canard that goes all the way from sponson to sponson.this boat really lent itself as a good solid FE conversion.

If she doesnt do mid to hi 60s you can throw me in the water.Another nice hull from Phll.

Hey are you comming to the Indy race ?And do you have any plans to do any other turbine 8th scales ?

I would give my lefty for a T-plus !!!!

Latest posts

Back