Strut Bushings

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

What size tubing would one use to make strut bushings for 3/16th shaft ??? I/D - O/D for K&S tubing ??? The rest of it I understand . Thanks Guys- Cant get in touch with Otto and want to run this weekend.

What size tubing would one use to make strut bushings for 3/16th shaft ??? I/D - O/D for K&S tubing ??? The rest of it I understand . Thanks Guys- Cant get in touch with Otto and want to run this weekend.
7/32" o.d. for the bushing, 1/4" for the little step soldered on the end. :)

I was thinking about using the flaring tool on the step end at the end of the strut- is that okay???

I was thinking about using the flaring tool on the step end at the end of the strut- is that okay???
That works.

Thanks fellas - off to the LHS - good excuse to leave work early ;) -Hmmm now what am I really gonna use as an excuse- broken hot water heater at home- **** gotta go :eek:

tree down on fence, horses got out works good for me :lol: :lol: !
Note to self- If I ever move to the country-BUY HORSES. :D :D :D

Thats a good one...

Fifty five gallons of water on my hardwood floors and a freaked out wife worked just fine though, gotta put the cold one down now and hit the LHS. lol :p :p :p :p

The best one I ever heard was from a guy I use to work with. he told the boss he had to leve cause his wife was going to get pregnet and he wanted to be there when it happened. :lol: :lol:

You missed the answer....... 1 - 800 ANDY BROWN for strut bushing. Just received some yesterday :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
You missed the answer....... 1 - 800 ANDY BROWN for strut bushing. Just received some yesterday :rolleyes:
I didn't miss it, that is where I get mine from, one piece billet. B) The key word here was make. ;)

I didn't miss it, that is where I get mine from, one piece billet. B) The key word here was make. ;)

And he needed them today.

And he needed them today.
Made em up last night, worked like a charm- thanks Don and Joe.

I do like the idea of A/B's billet bushings though. Will order some on monday,these will get me through just fine.

Now Im off to tackle the stripped motor mount bolts in the Circus boat- joy joy. Im gonna try 8-32 helicoils and hope for the best. :eek: I am open to suggestions as well if this doesnt work...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Drill & tap mount 1/4-20. do not tap all the way thru, now use a 1/4-20 aluminim bolt, loc tite, cut off flush, redrill & tap to size!

Good luck,

Don :)

Drill & tap mount 1/4-20. do not tap all the way thru, now use a 1/4-20 aluminim bolt, loc tite, cut off flush, redrill & tap to size!Good luck,

Don :)

Now I like the sounds of that! I will have to give that a try

Rick
The 8/32 heli's worked perfectly. I got the Perma-Coil kit instead of the Helicoil- it was $16.00 versus $54.00 - the only thing lacking was the 11/64 drill bit-and that was a whopping- $1.75 at Sears ....

Testing in the am - ;)

Thanks guys.....

Some people drill holes through the brass tube, I made one and made diagonal cuts in it with the Dremel cut-off wheel the cleaned it up with a drill bit. Dip it in grease before inserting it in the strut.

Back