Strut adjustment

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken turmon

My wildthing mono was running too loose so I added trim via trim tabs. It has the hull running much better but im wondering since the angle of the hull on the water has changed so has the angle of the prop. It is set straight out. Should I adjust it down to compensate for the change in the hulls ride? I tried a different prop and there was some slippage or cavitaion going on. Im just not sure if its due to the prop or the change in ride angle.

you can adjust the strut by putting it more flat and reset your tabs to where they were.

If hull is too lose it is primarily a strut angle/ balance issue . Tabs are for fine tuning the ride.

The strut has been set flat right from the get go. When I adjusted the tabs it leveled the hull out nicely, and the ride is very stable now. Im just wondering if the change in ride would have made that much of a difference in the props performance.

it is hard to say as if you have made a large change in the tabs you could have changed the strut in the first place and left the tabs alone.

All I can say is try the strut adjustment and see if it tightens or loosens up the boat the way you want.

Everything has an afect on a hull ride in the overall picture.

Ya i adjusted the strut but I think i went too far as the boat was running way too wet. Then I had an issue with my stuffing tube letting go. When i repaired it i was able to lower it by 1/8 in so that should help as well. I will start over with the settings next time out.

Latest posts

Back