STORM race ? Lack of interest.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like most everyone wants this race to happen. I surely do not want to dissapoint the faithful who have stepped up so far. Tryng to accomodate a few people and with the not quite so large turnout, with no objections we will just run heats on Sunday. Saturday still on for lap times and open water. Pres Hearl is catching a "red eye" late Saturday out of Nevada (Mustang Ranch?) so we hope he will be awake and ready to race. One thing to keep in mind is if we have a 7-8 boat heat, with pit people we may not have a CD left over. Going to get creative so bring friends as those running one boat will be at a premium. Well all have fun on the Tri-oval and make it a good day. Actually some good heats lining up right now but only 6 classes. For those going on to WTC will be a great tune-up.

Mic
I'm only running ModVP Mic, so if you can deal with a rookie CD , I will be glad to help out calling some heats .
wink.gif

May only be there Sunday also though.

Looking forward to seeing you Bill, glad your coming. Where's Foley ??????

Andy
HE,S SKEERED!! :lol: :lol: Andy, i dont think he has had a chance to get a boat together, but im sure in time if we keep BANGIN on em, he will get one together eventually! I hope to get my MODVP soon so i can start working on it!! :) I really want to run with you maniacs, cause it just looks like FUN! :) See you soon!

Kensill will not be racing for a bit hes going to have surgery very soon

julian

Bob called me a couple of days ago and said that he is going to enter the WTC race. He is having surgery next week but expects that both Karen and himself will be running.

great news john & gary!! looking foward to seeing you guys & karen again ;) . karen & i have had some good battles in b sport with each other, good close clean racing - great fun. have a safe trip gary, see ya soon.

Andy, we can surely use your help and your not really a rookie CD anymore as you have servred more than your apprentice time on the drivers stand. Surprising MOD VP is one of the larger classes. Tri-oval here we come. Anyone wanting pit experience e need help there so bribe friends. If we can talk Foley into it I have a complete Vision or one of my MVP's he can run with my motor or his, or both if he brings an OS.

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to race but would not be able to make it Saturday. If you are sure your going to run all the heat racing on Sunday I would be interested in coming and would be glad to CD some. I would be running one class.

I would like to race but would not be able to make it Saturday. If you are sure your going to run all the heat racing on Sunday I would be interested in coming and would be glad to CD some. I would be running one class.
Ron get your butt signed up. Your experience is needed and appreciated. Would love to have you there and yes heats are just Sunday if that helps anyone else. Even with small numbers there is no lack of quality racers. Going to be some very tough heats.

Thanks to the tunnel faithful for making this race. Competition will be pretty stiff with several national and world champs in the field with only two split classes everyone will be challenged. 47 boats = 8 heats a round. Saturday test and timmed laps and heat racing Sunday. Four rounds easily and five if we all keep things moving. Only notable racer MIA so far in Randy and I hope he will make it cause a tunnel race without Premo is like cake without frosting. Good but not great. See you all this weekend.

Mic

Oh yes, gonna be great. Mic, you can go ahead and print my name on the first place certificate! :rolleyes: Well, as long as I don't use Andy's boat for a ski jump. :eek:

I'll be there Sat. late. Ready to race Sunday.

Oh yes, gonna be great. Mic, you can go ahead and print my name on the first place certificate! :rolleyes: Well, as long as I don't use Andy's boat for a ski jump. :eek:
Bring the back up you got from Trunk Monkey if you do
huh.gif

Look forward to another round of the most fun you can have with your clothes on
tongue.gif

Im pretty sure where gonna be hurting for pit / cd help that heat- so lets drag the mic and start clock control down to the drivers stand,

and as soon as everybody's ready we just drop to 30
ohmy.gif

Andy

Shawn had a suggestion for Mod-VP, we do a Lemans beach start. Pit men line up on the rail at the bank and tossem in at zero. Just like a full size you drag race straight out to the tri-oval bouy turn right and the race is on. :eek: HMMMMMMM! ;) :p Not going to be any free points in this one you have a full field and you'll earn em. Bumping and banging will be judged and scored separately. Culhane is up for the trophy there with Andy close behind. Mark will have a certificate with his name on it in the outhouse. Game on.

Mic

Shawn had a suggestion for Mod-VP, we do a Lemans beach start. Pit men line up on the rail at the bank and tossem in at zero. Just like a full size you drag race straight out to the tri-oval bouy turn right and the race is on. :eek: HMMMMMMM! ;) :p Not going to be any free points in this one you have a full field and you'll earn em. Bumping and banging will be judged and scored separately.
Im TOTALLY up for that.

Randy and I have talked about it, LETS DO IT
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

I call Windex for my pit man
wink.gif

Andy

My first thought when Shawn suggested it was safety as he figured guys would launch knee deep at the shore. A broken steering or wild boat could U turn and prop someones leg. But staying on the bank would eliminate that. We have promoted pushing the envelope so if everyone is unanimous we could try it the first heat and then rethink it. Might have to paint stating positions 1 to 8 and draw cards for position. Give us oinions now before we go too far. That includes anyone even if your not in this race.

Mic

P.S. no bitching when Jay throws my boat halfway across the course.

It will certainly draw a crowd Mic and the bloopers footage will be priceless. :blink:

My first thought when Shawn suggested it was safety as he figured guys would launch knee deep at the shore. A broken steering or wild boat could U turn and prop someones leg. But staying on the bank would eliminate that. We have promoted pushing the envelope so if everyone is unanimous we could try it the first heat and then rethink it. Might have to paint stating positions 1 to 8 and draw cards for position. Give us oinions now before we go too far. That includes anyone even if your not in this race.

Mic

LMAO
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I like the idea of drawing cards for bank position, but Im still trying to figure out if the outside is gonna be better than the inside.
blink.gif

Your not gonna want to be the meat in this sandwich.......
wink.gif

I assume we are still gonna go straight to the tri-oval buoy ?

Between this and running on the Tri-Oval again, I cant wait !!!!

Andy

I don't want to hear any belly-aching about a few scratches. Rubbin' is racin'! Lemans start sounds great. :D Hmm. I better check my hole shot...don't want to be last to the first turn. Do you throw in full throttle, half throttle or what? This is a new ball game! Can't wait.

Back