Stock OS Lyn x

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-ZAM

Was looking for proper C/G and prop depth.

Thanks for any info you can provide..

Kentley Porter

Hi Kentley, sorry I missed your call yesterday.

I have a set of instruction/set-up sheet that comes with the Lyn x. Not sure if you are looking for manufacturer recommendations or other people set-ups, but let me know if you want them.

I do know that some guys run Carls suggestions to the "T" and other run their own set-up with the boat, both seem to work well, but there is a thin line with the Lyn x.

This may be a thread for the Florida Tunnel Mafia... that is unless they dont want to share secrets with a multi time world record holder who has suddenly developed an interest in Tunnels.... :) You guys wouldnt be scared would you? Help Kentley get his boat running...

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
Kentley,

Two propellers seem to work the best: Octura 1440 B/C & ABC 40 x 53.

57 to 60 MPH is possible with a good set up.

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

This may be a thread for the Florida Tunnel Mafia... that is unless they dont want to share secrets with a multi time world record holder who has suddenly developed an interest in Tunnels.... :) You guys wouldnt be scared would you? Help Kentley get his boat running...
Actually this may be more for Kentley's son to get into boating than chasing records. Kentley commented to me the other day about paint schemes his boy might like for the boat. B)

Kentley,

Here are a few setup tips right from Carls instruction manual.I would suggest starting here 1st.I'm running a Novarossi,but the boat is awsome with Carls setup to begin with.

The OS should be mounted flat to the transom with the OS mount.The boat was designed around the OS.

With 0 thrust,the lower edge of the prop shaft bullet casing should be 3/32 to 1/8" above the bottom.

Proper thrust angle setting:0-1/8 degree of negative thrust max.

The CG: Race ready w/no fuel,initial C/G should be 7 1/4"-7 3/8" measured from the back of the sponson.

Oh,one VERY important item.

NEVER,NEVER alow fuel to get into the bilge.It eats the Epoxy Carl uses in a hurry.

It's also in big bold letters in the manual and I've seen it damage a boat 1st hand.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Kentley,Here are a few setup tips right from Carls instruction manual.I would suggest starting here 1st.I'm running a Novarossi,but the boat is awsome with Carls setup to begin with.

The OS should be mounted flat to the transom with the OS mount.The boat was designed around the OS.

With 0 thrust,the lower edge of the prop shaft bullet casing should be 3/32 to 1/8" above the bottom.

Proper thrust angle setting:0-1/8 degree of negative thrust max.

The CG: Race ready w/no fuel,initial C/G should be 7 1/4"-7 3/8" measured from the back of the sponson.

Oh,one VERY important item.

NEVER,NEVER alow fuel to get into the bilge.It eats the Epoxy Carl uses in a hurry.

It's also in big bold letters in the manual and I've seen it damage a boat 1st hand.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!
Walt is dead on. Mount the OS straight to the back of the transom, start with the prop shaft about 3/32" above the bottom of the sponsons and you can raise from there. When the right front sponson starts wanting to drag/ hook bring it back down about a 1/32" and go with it. Keep the thrust angle at 0 degrees with maybe a hair, and I mean a hair of negative otherwise you'll see handling issues. Set C/G as Walt said. If you need to add weight to achieve that measurement I'd recommend you put it on the mark where C/G should be. You can put a little weight in front of the radio box but not alot as these hulls don't like much weight there. Get one of the x442 that James sells as it's a great prop all around for this combo. Very fast, and very predictable at the same time. The prop sounds sounds a bit big but how James cuts it enables the motor to easily pull it and really unload. You'll be running at the front of the pack in no time. Hope this helps you out.

~Mitch

Florida Tunnel Mafia

Back