State of Affairs for RC Boat Racing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said Bill this is why i am getting out passion gone because of all this it is not fun any more with all the bickering back stabbing and little clicks, everyone is suppose to help everyone not call people names, maybe i should move back to Michigan where you do have fun and get respect

Bourbon, BBQ, boats in Charleston. That's my passion this coming week. Yeah baby, let's party! It's the people, good food, racing, the smell of nitro, all good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said Bill this is why i am getting out passion gone because of all this it is not fun any more with all the bickering back stabbing and little clicks, everyone is suppose to help everyone not call people names, maybe i should move back to Michigan where you do have fun and get respect

Come to Alabama/Huntsville.

We have a Great Lake site, a the club is outstanding because of the people in the club.

Our practice sessions are a blast and usually end at a restaurant

Best place in the country

No practice the day of event and the actual amount of time you are on the water of some of the reasons, I got turned away from racing.

No practice the day of event and the actual amount of time you are on the water of some of the reasons, I got turned away from racing.
There is just no time for practice day of event at most races . The amount of heats per day at any reasonable size race puts lots of pressure on both officials and racers . Racing is racing and the object is to win with good sportsmanship and real competition . To some that equals fun .
default_biggrin.png

There is just no time for practice day of event at most races . The amount of heats per day at any reasonable size race puts lots of pressure on both officials and racers . Racing is racing and the object is to win with good sportsmanship and real competition . To some that equals fun .
default_biggrin.png
Coming from a guy that runs 6 + classes a race weekend + twins - he knows, That said , get to Open water the day before the race or show up READY is all the more I can suggest, Good luck, you will figure out a way to make it work, it gets easier the more time you spend with your boats , pick your classes wisely and have fun -Its not rocket science , main point is HAVE FUN and Enjoy your time , win loose or get recovered- it all about the experience- period .

The rest takes care of itself
default_wink.png

****, I'm glad to be in the Huntsville area. We don't seem to have all the crap that seems to piss people off. We just run boats and have fun here. Life has enough seriousness in it, when you are hobbying, lighten up and enjoy it.

I was into Rc boating back in the late 80s and early 90s and loved the hobby and people. Started raising a family and just didn't have the extra money for my hobby and left it. As far as the cost go i think it's about the same now as before but now it seems I have to mail order everything. Now that my kids have grown I'm back in with both feet with 21 boats. I joined the Saginaw Rc boat club and what a great bunch of guys,ready to help and just plain fun to be around with. Also I w is a great forum to help get back into the hobby. I've learned many things on here. So back to the cost. I payed as much for a cheap am radio as I payed for my 2.5 kHz radio today. Zippkits offers outrigger kits cheaper than my pinckert coyote kits from the day and much easier to build. Motors are about the same and adjusted for inflation are a bargain. Bottom line I'm having a blast and it's cheaper than my son's motocross career of about 200,000 dollars and all the injuries. I'm very thankful for the people in the boating world for their knowledge and helpfulness.

Paul

The ones bad mouthing Florida Boat racing are just plain wrong!!! I attended every race this season except for Miami and had a great time at everyone of them. Boat racing in Florida is alive and well and we are having a good time as a tight knit group. We ran 20 Mono, 40 Hydro at enough races this year to make the High Points awards, all of the other Nitro classes ran at 2 or more events but came up short on making 6 races to count for High Points, X Hydro needed 1 more race to make it. We need more support to bring all Nitro classes back to at least making 70% of the races.

I want to invite the Nitro crowd to get back to the races in 2017!! We are having FUN!!

Orlando Winter Nats Nitro Entries: Come on out and Support the classes you like!

2016-11-08_11-28-38.jpg

The ones bad mouthing Florida Boat racing are just plain wrong!!! I attended every race this season except for Miami and had a great time at everyone of them. Boat racing in Florida is alive and well and we are having a good time as a tight knit group. We ran 20 Mono, 40 Hydro at enough races this year to make the High Points awards, all of the other Nitro classes ran at 2 or more events but came up short on making 6 races to count for High Points, X Hydro needed 1 more race to make it. We need more support to bring all Nitro classes back to at least making 70% of the races.

I want to invite the Nitro crowd to get back to the races in 2017!! We are having FUN!!

Orlando Winter Nats Nitro Entries: Come on out and Support the classes you like!

attachicon.gif
2016-11-08_11-28-38.jpg
I highlighted one line in your post that can actually be an issue to visitors. First off, I'm not saying this is the case since I've never associated with your group. What I am saying is that having a "tight knit group" can chase possible new boaters/members away. In other activities I'm involved with, having tight knit groups can make people that interact with that tight knit group feel like outsiders that don't or won't fit in. I've seen this actually happen, many times, in the past. In one example, the wife and I went on a trip with one group to another location 100 miles away. When we got there, the others in our group basically huddled together and could not understand why the people at the other location wouldn't associate with them where, since the wife and I sat away from the rest, we were talking with "the locals" for the entire time. Just something else to be aware of
default_smile.png

you know it is intimidating going to a race for the first time.

I remember my first race 7 years ago. No one knew who the heck I was. Just showed up out of no where with my boat.

First time I ever ran the boat with any one around but my self.

I remember the words that push me to go................

Don't think about it just go to the race.................................

Well thy all knew me after that race............
default_unsure.png

Was that crazy fast new guy that don't know how to drive.......................
default_laugh.png

Took some time for the guys to warm up to me. But after a few races it was like I knew them my whole life.

For get about the clicks and the big trailers with stacks of boats. It means nothing in the long run.

Plenty of people with just a pop up and one table with a boat on it at the races.

And while that may have worked for you, David, not everyone will do that. Many would be afraid to just show up, fearing their boat would be wrecked, their driving wasn't good enough or the boat not fast enough. I know, after how bad my boat performed at the NAMBA NATs a few years ago, I probably wouldn't go back until I have a boat that can win repeatedly at club level

That's my point........JUST DO IT.................................you don't have to be the fastest boat or the best driver ..........

It all about having FUN........................................

Putting aside club politics. Why don't some of the clubs get with a local hobby shop and have a show and tell. Maybe in a mall. Let folks know about the hobby. Show your boats. Show your pride in your chosen hobby. Just my 2 cents.

What local hobby shops have none around here they all closed, but it be nice what they do in Toledo have a big rc showing at a centre boats planes and cars

Latest posts

Back