Starting belt for .12 engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giuseppe gallegra

Hello guys,please, i want know that is the best 'starting belt' for the .12 engine,the size,and where i can buy this belt in the USA.

Thanks

Giuseppe - Italy

www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=lxsmg3&p=7

15" starter belt part number: lxsmg3

Last edited by a moderator:
Giuseppe, a little secret. What we use are sewing machine belts. Although I just bought an Aquacraft Grimracer starting belt for my JAE .12, I've also picked up used belts from sewing machine sales and repair shops. Most dealers will replace lightly used belts on trade-ins and repairs and put them away. I got a handful of them for a song.

Take the boat with you and after talking ot the person that does the repair work, show him what you're going to use them on. If they are anything like the guy I got mine from, he got really interested. I think that's partially why I got such a great deal on them.

Giuseppe, a little secret. What we use are sewing machine belts. Although I just bought an Aquacraft Grimracer starting belt for my JAE .12, I've also picked up used belts from sewing machine sales and repair shops. Most dealers will replace lightly used belts on trade-ins and repairs and put them away. I got a handful of them for a song.

Take the boat with you and after talking ot the person that does the repair work, show him what you're going to use them on. If they are anything like the guy I got mine from, he got really interested. I think that's partially why I got such a great deal on them.
Hi Ron,thank you very much for this information and for the suggestion of this 'little secret'. I really apprecciate all you advise, and thank you very much again for all.

Regards

Giuseppe - Italy

Octura also has them.

I have had good luck with both Octura and Aquacraft belts. I tried a belt made from rubber that I bought from my LHS. That one did not last long turning over a .82, but it might be fine for a .12.

Yes Octura, they sell a small 14 " belt. They also sell .12-.18 flywheels to fit all them buggy engines.

Latest posts

Back