starter box build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro

I've built a new starter box, and fueling caddy. To finish the build I installed rubber (silicone) feet from Lowes. These feet come with self adhesive, and glue to the bottom of my projects. Everytime I go to the lake I'm finding these things have come off. They don't stay on!

I'm looking for a source that sells more of a plastic foot that screws on. Anyone seen these?

Nub

I've built a new starter box, and fueling caddy. To finish the build I installed rubber (silicone) feet from Lowes. These feet come with self adhesive, and glue to the bottom of my projects. Everytime I go to the lake I'm finding these things have come off. They don't stay on!

I'm looking for a source that sells more of a plastic foot that screws on. Anyone seen these?

Nub
I usually get those from Ace Hardware or Menards. If not look for an old kitchen appliance in the garbage. Toaster ovens and crock pots have them.

I got some rubber ones that screwed in they work great!!! Check Menards.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
i had the same issue nub.

i used the plastic ones they stink.. hard and the box SLIDES everywhere . I used to use these nice soft rubber one's but i have been to every big box store and every mom and pop hardware place and cannot find them any more.. if you find some let me know.

chris

Hey guys, Maybe I can help you out. I have these leftover from my day job. Been sitting around my place for years. They have rubber feet and the threads are 5/16-18. There are a couple different styles. If they are something you can use I will send you some. I don't really want to sell them but would like to get something for postage. I'm thinking like $3 or so for 8?

Mike

Nuber,

I use and have had the same problem as you stated. I solved this by running a drill thru them and then screw them on with wood screws with counter sink heads.

B

I like Rick's idea as I needed some and they were as close as an old stereo that I had sitting in the workshop.

Some of the gas boaters are using them to hold their radio boxes in place. Stryker Cat's use them.

i had the same issue nub.

i used the plastic ones they stink.. hard and the box SLIDES everywhere . I used to use these nice soft rubber one's but i have been to every big box store and every mom and pop hardware place and cannot find them any more.. if you find some let me know.

chris
Chris, Don't know if your state has one of these, but if you Googe "Surplus Stores" usually every City has one of them.. They are a "Treasure-trove" when it comes to buying everything from rubber-feet for your Pit-box to Different size steel balls to do your cupping of your props. They have electrical everything - and all cheaply priced..

Here is the link to my local Surplus store: http://www.ax-man.com/

Over and out...

Nub
Nub;

Home Depot,Hardware Isle.

They have White, hard rubber 1/2-3/4" dia. screw in place feet. I use them on my boxes, and wood boat stands.

Hey guys, Maybe I can help you out. I have these leftover from my day job. Been sitting around my place for years. They have rubber feet and the threads are 5/16-18. There are a couple different styles. If they are something you can use I will send you some. I don't really want to sell them but would like to get something for postage. I'm thinking like $3 or so for 8?

Mike
Can I get 20 or so of the largest one you have? A small flat rate box from USPS should handle all I need. I have an application right now that needs some isolators. Do you know the load rating? If not, no big deal; I can make them work.

Mike
Can I get 20 or so of the largest one you have? A small flat rate box from USPS should handle all I need. I have an application right now that needs some isolators. Do you know the load rating? If not, no big deal; I can make them work.
Yea, no problem. Pm me your address and you can have them for whatever the actual postage is. Mike

If your looking for something a little fancier you can try some of the computer modding stores... but might run you a little more $$$

Nub
Nub and Chris, I have these rubber pads that screw in (no sliding around). I got them at Home Depot for like $2.50. I used the white ones on my box, they work great! The black ones are a little shorter and have metal inside of them (like a built in washer). If you cant find any. I could send them to you for a total of $4.50 (shipping included). LMK

I know sometimes its the little things like this that make a project complete.

pads.jpg

I buy mine at MSC. You can check them out HERE. Look at Rubber Recessed Bumpers. You can get the 5/8 dia for 7.99. That is a count of 50.

Mike

Back