Starter Box Batteries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my starter box. just enough room for the batteries and small power panel. Can use either 12 or 24 volts but would like to get some better connectors rather then the bannana plugs.

P1000866.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeley,

There's no way that's your shop. You must have done some sort of computer inimation or something. Can you say OCD? Lol Have a great christmas buddy. 3 plus feet of snow so far this month is making me crazzzzzzy. What's the rent on the condo????

RJ

Keeley,

There's no way that's your shop. You must have done some sort of computer inimation or something. Can you say OCD? Lol Have a great christmas buddy. 3 plus feet of snow so far this month is making me crazzzzzzy. What's the rent on the condo????

RJ
Ahh, the jig is up, it's Photoshoped. :eek: They say the first step is admitting you have a problem! :lol:

Worked with a guy that lives in Lambeth, said all's he's done for a week is shovel snow too. :eek:

Hey, it's good for the Christmas spirit, right? :rolleyes:

You have a good one too! :)

You can get a Dewalt battery and charger on FleeBay for about $75, after running it this past season I'd never go back.

starter_026.jpg

starter_029.jpg
Hi Terry, Hank Schneider, I love your setup! I would like to copy it, Please tell me what each of the compoents are(which dewalt battery and charger, the box etc. Look forward to seeing U in the future. I really enjoyed meeting U at the internats.

Hey Hank, good to see you on here!

Here's the old thread:

http://www.intlwater...=1

Battery is a DC9280 and the charger a DC9000.

BTW, if you use a nistarter and don't need/want the power panel it's a simple deal to tap into the battery, lightweight and lot's of grunt! :)

I just recently got one of Boris' Starters with the Lipoly battery and it wokrs so great only down side is when starting an out board so I set up a Standard Sullivan starter with a 4s Lipoly battery and it works great too. I have everything in a Tool bag and it still weighs less then a Dynatron and 2 gell cells. Sure is nice.

Wow where did this thread get dug up from :rolleyes: I realized I never posted a picture of what I came up with- swore I did.

While cruising Depot one day I found a 24v cordless battery on the sale shelf marked 1 dollar :eek: - the matching charger was maybe 20-25 bucks.

I use a HD male plug on the starters and a household socket screwed to the box- the starters plugs are wired to do outboard and inboard- no switching anything around- just plug and play. The whole setup saved me A TON of weight and the starter and battery fit where my old L/A batteries where.

24zxcvs.jpg

Back