Starter belt

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertWurster

I was looking for a new starter belt for my sport 20 and my whife wanted to stop buy a sowing store so while i was there I sean some sowing machen belts and looked at them and for 1.79 i goot one ,Got home and put it on and bingo it works perfect.Its only about 14 " so it might not work for bigger engines but a sp 20 or riger it should work great.and is cheap.I have read of it befor so know im not the first but if some one hasnt and dont want to get one off line and pay like 15 bucks give it a try.

I bought the smallest grimracer belt and thought that was small but I think I will be making the switch to the ones Glenn has! They are small and perfect for a 12 or 21 size boat!!! Just have to have a small groove in the flywheel thats all!

Although I may do some searching of my own for some different size ones also:)

This one i got was for a singer I just checked its 12 3/8.and about 3 /16 dia.here is a linck ifoun on line for sewing belts.There more than i paid plus you have shipping.http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/sewing-machine-belts.aspx

Dont forget vacume cleaner belts! I used to work at a print shop, you should have seen all the tiny spare belts we had for all the bindary equipment! Plus the books loaded with part numbers for them! The hardest part is matching the groove up. You do not want any sticking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just be careful with some of the black rubber belts, some will turn to mush when subjected to nitro. Crap gets every where. I've always used the vacuum/ sewing machine belts with good results. Ryon

The small model helicopter tail rotor drive toothed belts also look like a good candidate too. I have a few hanging around from my 450 that I will test....

Latest posts

Back