SS1 - Bushings front and back

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajvalentine

anyone else notice? any information on what/why? should have stuck with the 700bb from local source.

anyone else notice? any information on what/why? should have stuck with the 700bb from local source.
Andy,

Chris forwarded the pictures you sent him. They sure look like bushings front and back to me. I looked at some of my motors and the shaft bearing on mine is different then the one you pictured. I shared this with Chris and he said to send it back so that he could see what's up too, and get you the correct motor if yours does have bushings on both sides.

He told me these were all from the same original lot and should be like all of the others with shaft side bearings, not bushings. Sounds like a manufacturing issue.

Be careful when buying 700's. Not all are the same. They are supposed to be but they don't seem to be. The windings in later versions seem to have smaller guage wire then original SS1's. Joerg Mrkwitschka checked the guages on the wires and said the Graupners wire was smaller in diameter. Perhaps they ran ont of the wire and stocked a different guage when they replaced it? I'm not sure how you check and see to make sure without opening the motor, however a visual comparrison might work? If they both had the same wind but different guages the smaller guage motor should look like it has less wire on the arm, right?

I don't really know, I've just gone with Fine's SS1 so that I don't have to worry about it. Now I''ll have to keep my eye on the bushing/bearings! Hopefully it is a rare occurance!

Dick

Discovered that I have one of the dual bushing SS1's also..... purchased direct from Mr. Fine in mid-February. Didn't open the package 'til I saw Andy's pics. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
If one of you guys with the ss1 with bushings is planning on keeping the motor. If would be interesting if you took off the sticker. Is the part number there? Does it look like it was every there? Another words was it sanded or polished off? I'm not fishing for the part number. We already know what it is.

If one of you guys with the ss1 with bushings is planning on keeping the motor. If would be interesting if you took off the sticker. Is the part number there? Does it look like it was every there? Another words was it sanded or polished off? I'm not fishing for the part number. We already know what it is.
Steve-Didn't peel it off, but sanding marks are visible on both sides of the label, in the part number area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dick,

How about another hand. Give Chris a call and inquire about my replacement motors shipped 3 weeks ago? He has the motors I returned, have yet to receive the replacements.

I am a patient guy, given the length and nature of the entire issue however patience is about spent. If I receive the motors, I'll post that situation is resolved. In absence of this I continue to post, the situation is still unresolved.

How long it goes on is up to Chris Fine at this point. The responsibility is his to replace product or provide refund.

Still no motors or money. At least others in receipt of the bad motors have begun receiving their replacements.

This transaction began in January when the $$ left my wallet.

The issue has been resolved! Was trying to call Chris this morning to confirm receipt of a second set of motors he shipped UPS overnight. Phone remains busy, will try again later. Wanted to be sure I updated this thread so it can be locked.

In our last exchange I had inquired about his personal reading of my remarks here or, perhaps the effort of others in their attempt relay information to Chris clouded the water with personal opinion. As he included an extra motor and appology for the delay on this I will assume the later.

Third party is always dangerous in scenarios like these. Wars start this way. Let the matter exist between seller and buyer, remain neutral otherwise.

So, motors with bearings have been received. By his words and others he will be reviewing new shipments he receives to QC product before shipping to customer. My problem is resolved and others will be avoided in the future.

Hey,Thats great news.Sorry for sticking my nose in this situation but obviously I am a big fan of Fine Design and felt obligated to defend him since he doesnt visit these sights.I am glad that it all worked out and the extra motor thing,well thats just classy Chris.May we meat some day on the open waters....Dennis

Alright just because you asked nicely, I will lock it just incase...we all know how some people could react :)

Glad it was all sorted and the issue it resolved!

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back