Squarewave CF pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a setup tip for the CF 3280: as noted above, due to the higher sonic speed in the CF pipe, your initial pipe lenght should be a little longer that the aluminum version. Start 1/2"~1/4" long and pull it in from there.

Jon,

I was able to test your carbon 3280 pipe on an A mono last weekend with a OS VZ-M. Needless to say, motor was very happy and craftsmanship is superb. Aluminum insert slid right over header perfectly!

Thanks, Tyler

Here's a setup tip for the CF 3280: as noted above, due to the higher sonic speed in the CF pipe, your initial pipe lenght should be a little longer that the aluminum version. Start 1/2"~1/4" long and pull it in from there.
Jon...do you expect any problems with using stinger mufflers (cans) on the 3280 or squarewave pipes. Or should I use the brass tube insert method?

Thanks,

Rick

Jon...do you expect any problems with using stinger mufflers (cans) on the 3280 or squarewave pipes. Or should I use the brass tube insert method?

Thanks,

Rick
I started by placing a brass tube for an internal stinger, but the back pressure was too high. These pipes seem to like a larger stinger ID than is usual for aluminum pipes.

A can muffler will work fine. The OD of the stinger is ~7/16".

I also have produced an integrally muffled pipe that is in testing. Once the results are confirmed, I'll offer it as an option. As for appearance, it looks like a cross between the CMB and MAC muffled pipes. The baffle tube will be removable, and I'll offer blank tubes for folks to experiment with if they like.

Please watch for more pipes as they become available.

Thanks,

Rick
I started by placing a brass tube for an internal stinger, but the back pressure was too high. These pipes seem to like a larger stinger ID than is usual for aluminum pipes.

A can muffler will work fine. The OD of the stinger is ~7/16".

I also have produced an integrally muffled pipe that is in testing. Once the results are confirmed, I'll offer it as an option. As for appearance, it looks like a cross between the CMB and MAC muffled pipes. The baffle tube will be removable, and I'll offer blank tubes for folks to experiment with if they like.

Please watch for more pipes as they become available.
jon are the geherty pipes in production still , i will take one if they are , square wave seems to be happenin.. pm me a invoice and i will take care of it, thanks

terry

Yes, I'm still making the square wave pipes. I'll send an invoice once yours is atarted, the baclklog is 6 pipes right now. I'll start another one tonight.
sounds good jon, thanks

terry
Hi Jon, are the carbon square wave pipes available? Thanks, Richard
Yes they are demand has slowed a little, and I'm not pushing them, as I have plenty else to do. PM me with what motor, nitro %, and hull, you plan to run and I'll make a recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad that you are pleased. More pipe designs to come.
Actually, I'm working on a mold based on the original Equalizer pipes. Hope to have an OB pipe available in a few months.
Oh God Bless you Jon,, an O/B pipe, Man I'm lookin forward to that!

J-Dub

OK, have a couple of hydro testers. Anyone want to try one in a mono, or SP40? Test pipes will be $50, just report back to me your results and opinion on how to improve. I will modify/replace your pipe based on feedback and repeat the cycle. Info will be shared once compiled. Still need 1ea mono and 1ea SP40 tester. PIpes will be available approximately 2 weeks after I receive the mandrels.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, have a couple of hydro testers. Anyone want to try one in a mono, or SP40? Test pipes will be $50, just report back to me your results and opinion on how to improve. I will modify/replace your pipe based on feedback and repeat the cycle. Info will be shared once compiled. Still need 1ea mono and 1ea SP40 tester. PIpes will be available approximately 2 weeks after I receive the mandrels.
I'll test a sport 40 pipe

I'll test a mono

Hi Jon

Do you have any plans to produce a extra muffled version of your 45 cf pipe that will be NAVIGA legal ( max 82 dba ) ?

Kim

Latest posts

Back