Squarewave CF pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CoolHere is a very good article regarding muffling from Hendrick Spoor : http://www.home.zonnet.nl/H.A.Spoor/FSR/Muffling-article.htm

Lots of good info !

Kim
Thanks for the info. I am using similar area ratios, but with a different baffle design. My experience with the long internal tubes is that though they are very effective for noise reduction, they also have excessive power loss. The long tube was one of my earlier designs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I now have mandrels for .12, .21, and .45 sizes of the Squarewave pipes. The .12 pipe is sized to fit over an associated header (0.580") and only available in the 180 header style (though I could probably custom make one to fit a front exhaust motor). We'll be testing hte .12 pipes in the coming weeks. The 45 pipe is for front exhaust only.

OK, have a couple of hydro testers. Anyone want to try one in a mono, or SP40? Test pipes will be $50, just report back to me your results and opinion on how to improve. I will modify/replace your pipe based on feedback and repeat the cycle. Info will be shared once compiled. Still need 1ea mono and 1ea SP40 tester. PIpes will be available approximately 2 weeks after I receive the mandrels.
I'll test a sport 40 pipe
I'll test one in a Mutt II Sport 40. Oops should have read closer front exhaust I cant help you . Let me know if you get a rear exhaust .45 pipe made.

Just to clarify, I call a rear exhaust a motor that uses a 180 header (OS21, NR21, K&B 45-1pc case), and a front exhaust has the exhaust port over the crank end of the motor (Valvola, MAC45, CMB45, MAC21, K&B 21, K&B45-2pc case, etc). The general description is left over from the airplane days where the fromt of the motor is the crankshaft end; even when mount backwards in a boat.

I would be very intrested in the test results on the .12 square wave. I use and associated header but would prob need a new one since mine is cut about as short as possible. Time around my neck of the woods are kinda tight well really tight lol, but based on results i could be getting a new pipe some time in the near future.

Thank You,

Paul

p.s. What ya figuring the damages will be for the .12 pipe?

I would be very intrested in the test results on the .12 square wave. I use and associated header but would prob need a new one since mine is cut about as short as possible. Time around my neck of the woods are kinda tight well really tight lol, but based on results i could be getting a new pipe some time in the near future.
Thank You,

Paul

p.s. What ya figuring the damages will be for the .12 pipe?
jon.. id test a 12 pipe for you.. or i might just buy one to test myself .. i need options since i think andy is never going to get me my pipes.

tk

I found a manufacturing error in the .12 mandrels. Getting them fixed now. Unfortunately it means a few weeks before I can make pipes. I have several testers already. The .12 pipe will be $80 shipped in the USA.

I found a manufacturing error in the .12 mandrels. Getting them fixed now. Unfortunately it means a few weeks before I can make pipes. I have several testers already. The .12 pipe will be $75 shipped in the USA.

ill try a squarewave .12 pipe then when you get them, thanks

tk

Paul, if you have a problem getting the header shorter, GS Racing makes a silicone "J" coupler that I've used in the past and will on my Sport .12 hydro if need be. It's double-grooved at both ends for dual zip ties.

Latest posts

Back