SPRAY BAR POSITION - K&B CARB

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark couty

Does it matter if the carb is right side up or upside down in order to work correctly. In other words does it matter which way the spray bar faces, up or down. I want to run the carb arm to servo linkage down the right inside of the boat instead of the left inside. A rookie question for a 1/8 scale Dumas hydroplane I am building as a fun boat.

still workable, rick. just need to reverse servo travel to match needed carb rotation. the arm can also be loosened to "clock" it for proper travel & alignment with the linkage. mark asked about right side up or upside down.....IF the spray bar is symmetrical top & bottom (no notch, angle cut or slot) on the venturi end, then it will work upside down. but just rotating it 180* to get the arm to the other side would be better than flipping it top for bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you the 45 carb with the low end needle as an eccentric on the side will only work one way. What a joke it was

Thanks guys. MOPARBARN, I think you nailed it for me by saying " rotating the carb 180 degrees", thats what I want to do. Its a .K&B .67. It is 1 of 4 that I sent to Rod Gerahty to be reworked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back