Can I reposition the carb on my OPS .45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derrick Stewart

This is im sure a dumb question but Im new and honestly dont know

Here it goes

I have an older OPS 45 that im installing on a boat I got from a another member

anyway the way the radio box was set up was for the throttle on the left hand side as I would

rather not drill more holes in the radio box can I just rotate the carb so the throttle arm is on

left side as its currently on the right side

The throttle on the OPS 45 does swing around to the top if i rotate the carb to the opposite side

Question is will it still operate correctly if I do this?

As you can see in the photo radio box set up for left throttle beside the remote needle control

So Id like to spin carb over to the left

<untitled>  004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will work just fine,,,

Easiest way to adjust, and set up the carb, is to insert a round dowel (wood) to hold the barrel wide open, and loosen the arm nut, position it to where it needs to be, and tighten it down.... A drop of red loc-tite will hold it all in place.

It will work fine.

The OPS 45 carbs are known to become loose in the housing due to vibration. A little tip is to remove the carb from the housing, clean and then apply a small amount of epoxy and tighten her back up. If you even need to remove the carb just put a torch flame on it for a few seconds and it will cause the epoxy to crack.

Back