sport 40 set up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Reese

What controls the side to side wobble at full speed?

This is the only problem that I needed to work on, Would the strut depth have any thing to go with it? I have set the hull on a flat surface and but an angle finder in the center section and set the hight of the strut till I made the front of the hull tilt down one degree with zero thrust change. So I ran the boat and had to reset the depth at the pond. and the hull runs with the same wobble and on the othe hand the water is still touching the back of the boat by three to four inches. Any ideas?

what boat is this? need more info. sometihing might be off balance did you check the turn fin for sharpnes and the angle? did you blueprint the bottom of the hull?

Ya, the turn fin was the last thing that I just added to the hull and it did slow the hull down some what. I have thought about removing it ones one a run and then reinstall with wahers to shim the fin as needed to keep the hull strait. Does this sound rite on triming the fin? I know the fin needs to be flattened to reduce the lift on the right side. Oh It's a Hyper SXD.45 Drag converted to Sport racing.

Sounds to me like the turn fin is fighting the rudder.On the gas sports Ive had the turn fin rotates to find the sweet spot.Some you have to shim if not able to rotate.This also helps the hull track straight thus not fighting the rudder.Did the tracking change after you installed the fin?You may have to lower your strut some more to get the rear up higher.Tomorrow is clean up day 10 am and am sure people will be running after,Im not sure as to if Im going or not.If all goes Im closing on my house today so ill show my face for a bit.Give me a call and I can meet either tonight or tomorrow and give you a hand if you like.612-325-0825 cell or 952-435-5659 Rob

Rob,

I will check that on a table You know 90 deg. to the fin.

I let you know.

The hand made turn fin on my rigger lifts the sponson off the water. I was talking to Rich Dalhimer and he says I need a braket for the mongoose to extend the fin back some.

Later

Ya you got that rite the rear from the transom up all four inches are flat. blue printing is the prosess that maches an area with its self meaning flat and true no convex or concaveed matrial just flat in spacific areas like sponsons and all funning surfaces that yuo mite see running on the water at top speed and in the turns when the hull sits to make a turn. I hope that helped you .

Latest posts

Back