Sport 40 pipe length

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tim, you're right .380 is the I.D. of the stinger. I shimmed it down with some brass tube. I'll try your suggestion for the strut, it should help settle it down a little.
It will help settle it down with a side benefit of picking up a little more speed B)

Tim K

I'm running a Whiplash with an HR 45 (stock except I replaced the .471 bore carb for .390), AB pipe at 9 3/8, 45%, X450 detongued with a Barr cut, very fast with good throttle. Could not get that big carb to work.

Thanks so much guys for the GREAT input....Al Hobbs is lookin thru his stuff to see if he has a carb that might work a little better...GREAT guy! I hope when i can get the green stuff together i can get an AA45 when my Mac blows...he did say the carb for the AA45 is smaller for better throttle control....Dont want to sound like im knocking Macs as they sure aint lackin for power, i just wish the power was more controlable...they are DEFINETLY well built!

GeorgiaScale....been experimenting with making my own carbs, found information on ram tube designs in a book on carburation. Both carbs are .390 bore, the extended stack worked best in my sport 40.The author claims this design of the outer rim enhances flow efficiency 5% on a 4 stroke engine by cleaning up air flow into the venturi. I had one of those AA45's in my hands just recently, nice piece, .390 bore carb. Like the way the carb's position rotates on the back plate. I'll try to attach pics.

temp 1 002.JPG

Latest posts

Back