Sport 40 Boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_Knesek

I want to build a Sport 40 for the IMPBA Internats and would like to know what is available. If you have any photos I'd like to see them. If any of the builders are interested, I'd be happy to trade one of my digital flow meters for a complete kit less motor & radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe , I have an Dumas Eagle it also is in my gallery . I just cleared it for the second time , looks good for my first hydro . Not sure if I have any other usefull info for you . After I run it a couple of times I can tell you more . I did replace most of the mahonganoey with aircraft ply . I have some build pics I also can show if interested.

Ed

Joe , I have an Dumas Eagle it also is in my gallery . I just cleared it for the second time , looks good for my first hydro . Not sure if I have any other usefull info for you . After I run it a couple of times I can tell you more . I did replace most of the mahonganoey with aircraft ply . I have some build pics I also can show if interested.
Ed
Joe i guess its preference i run a PT sport 40 picco blackhead i can send you pics if you send me your email

Ed
Joe i guess its preference i run a PT sport 40 picco blackhead i can send you pics if you send me your email
Email sent Mike. How does one go about getting a Mutt II? Does anyone have a photo of the MTO or the new version of a Whiplash?

Joe,

You've already seen my stuff in person but I do have pics in my gallery... :unsure:

Phil Thomas hulls are easy to set up and run real well right out of the box.

Dan

Joe,You've already seen my stuff in person but I do have pics in my gallery... :unsure:

Dan
Yep it will be fun watching the kids running together again this year. I've built a Sport 20 for Emily.

Joe,You've already seen my stuff in person but I do have pics in my gallery... :unsure:

Dan
Yep it will be fun watching the kids running together again this year. I've built a Sport 20 for Emily.

Joe,

Logan will probaly be running a cat this year that has an old .45 ops engine. Should be easier to drive for him...if not we'll bring grave digger out!!

personally, I'd like to see novice on every race flyer!

Good luck with your spt 40 choice...they all run good!!

Dan

Dan

Joe,

Logan will probaly be running a cat this year that has an old .45 ops engine. Should be easier to drive for him...if not we'll bring grave digger out!! Not alot of clubs running novice this year :( and we will miss 2 races that do.(1 london-memphis) Awful hard to promote the kids if clubs don't offer novice class.

personally, I'd like to see novice on every race flyer!

Good luck with your spt 40 choice...they all run good!!

Dan
Emily is moving up to the adult class this season so anyone who is running 20 mono or Sport 20 better watch out! She'll be on the war path.

Some pics of my sport 40 ,blew up my prints to 118% to make it 36" long. Bought a Phil Tomas stealth cowl ,trimed to make it fit, fits really nice,with minimal trimming. Fits like it was made for it (what luck).I don't have that kind of luck to often. (If it wasn't for bad luck ,I wouldn't have any luck at all).

When its done it will look like my sport 20 Castrol GTX. Just though you like to take a look.

To get the Mutt 2, you will need to contact Gary Pruese. 630 279 2451 He will order it from Mark. This is the fastest way to get a Mutt 2.

Mike

Some pics of my sport 40 ,blew up my prints to 118% to make it 36" long. Bought a Phil Tomas stealth cowl ,trimed to make it fit, fits really nice,with minimal trimming. Fits like it was made for it (what luck).I don't have that kind of luck to often. (If it wasn't for bad luck ,I wouldn't have any luck at all).When its done it will look like my sport 20 Castrol GTX. Just though you like to take a look.
SWEET lookin' sport 40 Scott! The header stacks are a very cool touch. B)

To get the Mutt 2, you will need to contact Gary Pruese. 630 279 2451 He will order it from Mark. This is the fastest way to get a Mutt 2. Mike
Thanks Mike. I noticed your photos of the Mutt II and wondered if that is the only cowl that is offered. I recall seeing one that was more streamlined. Any idea what the sell for?

To get the Mutt 2, you will need to contact Gary Pruese. 630 279 2451 He will order it from Mark. This is the fastest way to get a Mutt 2. Mike
Thanks Mike. I noticed your photos of the Mutt II and wondered if that is the only cowl that is offered. I recall seeing one that was more streamlined. Any idea what the sell for?
There is only one production cowl for the Mutt II. It is a conventional open cockpit designed after the older GP boats. You may have seen this photo https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=280&pos=1 . That boat is a custom Mutt II that is a one of a kind boat. Mark Knox and Mark Anderson built that in Mark Anderson's shop because Mark Knox wanted a different look and was willing to put the time in at the shop to make it happen.

There is only one production cowl for the Mutt II. It is a conventional open cockpit designed after the older GP boats. You may have seen this photo https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...cat=0&pos=3 . That boat is a custom Mutt II that is a one of a kind boat. Mark Knox and Mark Anderson built that in Mark Anderson's shop because Mark Knox wanted a different look and was willing to put the time in at the shop to make it happen.
Thats the one I noticed. What a beautiful boat. Again any idea what they sell for?

Latest posts

Back