Sport 20 Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTR

hi - all this talk of sport 20 hydro's has got me interested. What sort of engine, prop combimnations have people got working. What sort of speeds are they producing?

GT ;D

I used a MAC .21 prather 215, I have also heard of others running the same. The 215 is recomended by Andy Brown for a sport 20. 45-50mph.

-MikeP

Big G and Mike

Mike it looks like you have A Dumas Pay-N-Pak with one of my cowls on it. Forgive me if i spaced out you buying it from me. Boat looks wicked fast. We use that same set up with a K+B motor and 1740 prop, Rossi Pipe. We run around 48 with this set up. We have the radio in back and the Fuel Cell up front. Also if you realy want to hum along try a 1938..Holycow will the boat go (in a straight line) sucks in the corners though. We know a guy that runs a 1450 (1450) on his scale twenty (dumas) and he is real hard to beat.

See Big Bryons Interstate boat.. It is a bute and it rocks!!

Grimracer

: :) Prather 215 for heatracing and when wanting go REALLY fast a Octura 1640 texas cut and spoon cupped. It has run on my sport 21 a time of 1:28.88 for a 6 lap 1 mile course. I missed the national record by 8/100ths of a second the last race of this year set up with the 1640 and a mac 21 Engine. GO SPORT 21 ;D Scott

Hi MikeP,

Not yet I have been in touch with DUMAS and they will ship me one. Don't know if I can afford it though as I just brought a DPI & OB of one of the guy's on here. (great buy) The widfe is starting to get a bit nervous about how much I've spent lately on boats. Still want one but not sure how I'm going to make it happen.

cheers

GT ???

Hi MikeP, guy's,

My wife who is very good to me is buying me one as a Xmas present ;D. When I'm building it I will have to pick your brains for any tips you came across and set-up suggestions ???. Have you guy's done your boats with rubber mounts? Will keep you posted.

cheers

GT 8)

I used rubberer mounts attached to the bottom, I used some alu. angle that supports the weight and bolts to the sides. The bottom is kinda thin. I will get a picture of it this weekend and post it.

-MikeP

Here is a picture of my Pay-N-Pack with just the angle pieces, you have to make them but it's nothing real complicated. They bolt to the bottom and sides.

Thanks MikeP,

When I get my done I will post pictures of how I went about it. Where is your prop set....strut out the bottom or off the transom?

cheers

GT

Hi MikeP & others,

Got my DUMAS P&P today - including shipping $85USD - definately a good buy. Around 2/3rds price here. I now understand what you meant about the plans - 1/2 size sucks, but I guess they don't get copied that way. You set yours up with a flex cable haven't you? What sort of angle are you running on your strut? Where is your prop centreline? Sorry to pick your brains but I will need to include these sort of considerations in the build-up. Thanks in advance.

cheers

GT ;D

Hea Big B

I know you are reading this so if you think of it bring over the plans that we talked about the other day.. remember the ones for OSRACER

Mike

Here is a picture of the strut that Grim sent me. Keep as much weight as you can forward. I added 1.5 lbs of lead up front. Most rules state you have to mount the strut under the boat. If you don't race I would mount it to the transom.

www.ad.kengarff.com/mikep/strut1.jpg

-MikeP

Back