sport 20 class

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenOlvis

I was wondering if a ski over the drive shaft can be used on the sport 20 hydro class.Before i even think of testing one, is it legal in NAMBA OR IMPBA

thxs

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's legal on a sport boat, only on riggers. This is due to it being an additional running surface aft of the sponson transom. Since a belly pan can't be below any running surface, I think the same would apply to a ski

I don't think it's legal on a sport boat, only on riggers. This is due to it being an additional running surface aft of the sponson transom. Since a belly pan can't be below any running surface, I think the same would apply to a ski
Is a square strut legal?

Square strut is legal
But as a max width

Have any of you tried using an ammonia based cleaner ie: windex with ammonia or straight ammonia? Or a good strong detergent based cleaner to clean the outside case of the servos? Just a thought from an old experience in another life.

Thanks, John
It's not the hull that has a width restriction but the strut itself. I don't remember what that limit is, just that there is one

Ken

Look under the IMPBA rules on sport 20 and it has all the INFO you need.

A strut width no greater than 9/16 inch wide or a length longer than 3 inches may be mounted either under the hull or on the transom with the farthest end of the drive dog as measured from the transom not extending out more than 3-1/2 inches. (See Sport Hull drawing for clarification.)

Bradley

Thanks for posting i did look in the rules.I found the same answer! Guess I could use a square tube instead of round to help get on strut surface?

Thxs Ken

I wouldn't think you would need all that to get the boat to ride on the strut. Just the right balance point and maybe some strut angle would work.

I wouldn't think you would need all that to get the boat to ride on the strut. Just the right balance point and maybe some strut angle would work.
Probably not!! just looking at options to test.an see if any body is or has tried. Would be nice to have surface of strut parallel to bottom even when strut is angled. But again just thinking out side the box as the epoxy dries to sand.after applying cloth an epoxy gained 2oz its now at 1lb 1.4oz before sanding im thinking total weight will be about 2 lbs 9oz
Thxs for the imput sir

Got some sanding done. I'm going to mock it up before I finished the surface to prime.

Motor modified OS Max 18 an strut fits nice an low!!!

Ken,

Did you ever get those Jeff Wohtl .062" wire drives in stock?

They would be great on a Sport 21 or a 12-Hydro.

Let Me Know Please?

Mark Sholund

231-590-3023

Mark

I never reordered shafts from jeff yet. I had one shipped to Joe for the 2nd .12 PHANTOM II its on its way to me now.If you sent a 1515 prop it must be on that boat.

The 1515 I have with me now is Andy Brown's prop.I do remember doing a deal sorry about the delay.I'm going to order more shafts in Jan I can get 2 for you or pay pal funds for prop no problem just let me know.Also I haven't recieved a H7 for my .21 PHANTOM II Thank you for the reminder.

Ken

Ken,

I would rather have the shafts if possible?

2 - .062" X 3/16" stub shaft X 14.625" long.

How is the testing going on the Phantom-12 ?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Ken,

I would rather have the shafts if possible?

2 - .062" X 3/16" stub shaft X 14.625" long.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Coolbeans again thank you for the reminder ill order them after the boat arrives next week to double check the size I need for the PHANTOM an snoopy

Latest posts

Back