'Splane this FASST Radio Guru's?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Mulvany

I ran four heats with the boat just fine, overnight I replaced batteries for receiver and ran 1 heat with no problem. Now in the 6th heat with this boat after four laps of mill time it just go Raped Ape Wide Open into the bank down the backstretch?? After inspection found the receiver was not bound to transmitter? Resynced and ran two more heats with no problems. What could have cause this when I run all my other boats with the same transmitter with no problem?? Any guesses are welcome and I have already conclude it was a freak thing!! Thanks!

Later!!

Pat

Mine came unbound at Hobart no explanation at all

Works now and makes zero sence

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similiar situation happen to me at the last District race. A boat that was bound to a transmitter would not respond after installing new batteries. I opened the radio box and tried to re-bind but all the receiver would do is blink red. New receiver fixed the issue. Thanks Kentley!!

Receiver failure???

I had an issue binding a brand new receiver and had to have the transmitter within 6" for it to bind.

I had a similiar situation happen to me at the last District race. A boat that was bound to a transmitter would not respond after installing new batteries. I opened the radio box and tried to re-bind but all the receiver would do is blink red. New receiver fixed the issue. Thanks Kentley!!

Receiver failure???
Same thing happened to me but in my case the receiver had gotten wet a few times.

Wrong model being selected won't affect the bind At least not on the 3PM.

Which receiver and radio? Did you have your failsafe set up? Have you checked your receiver battery and switch?

Thanks Guys I'm just gonna chalk it up as a (FM)!! The receiver is a 603FF and worked fine two heats after this happened so??

Later!!

Pat

The switch can cause ALL kinds of issues..

Always start with a switch..

As for not linking... swamping can be an issue so its best to (just in case) get away from other systems and don't have the RX too close to the TX.

Grim

Sorry. Late post on this. One thing I would do - if it were me. If you have any othe Rxs bound to the Tx, make sure they are still bound - without rebinding. I guess if you have other Rxs, you may well have used them by now anyway.....

This kind of thing used to happen with the first gen FASST Tx/Rx modules back in the day and the reason was overheating.

I had this issue back when running 1/8 scale Nitro Buggies. It got so bad and was never or barely recognized as a problem by Futaba, I had to ditch FASST for a Spektrum PRO module in my 3PKS.

The Rx box sat very close to the engine/pipe combo on the XRAY XB8EC.

This was however many years ago ('08-'09-ish) so it might be irrelevant today.

This kind of thing used to happen with the first gen FASST Tx/Rx modules back in the day and the reason was overheating.

I had this issue back when running 1/8 scale Nitro Buggies. It got so bad and was never or barely recognized as a problem by Futaba, I had to ditch FASST for a Spektrum PRO module in my 3PKS.

The Rx box sat very close to the engine/pipe combo on the XRAY XB8EC.

This was however many years ago ('08-'09-ish) so it might be irrelevant today.
There was also an issue, again in the early days - where some of the first generation FASST Txs could, under certain conditions, lose their GUID, which would set to zero. The loss of GUID caused the Rx to de-bind, but the early Rxs could be bound to a Tx with a GUID of zero. After re-binding to the Tx with zero GUID, the user would only become aware of the issue, if another set with the same issue was in range. Futaba provided a fix for the Tx, and I believe the Rxs were also updated, so that they would not bind to a Tx with a GUID of zero, but there may still be some out there.

Mine was actually a transmitter issue. Had to reset the data for that particular model. No problems after that. Went thru three receivers that would work then unbind before I figured out the issue. The receivers would bind to another transmitter and not have any issues.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Back