Spirit of the Navy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstrbmech

Morning gents,

Thanks to limited internet access due to counter NARCO OPS (anyone want any Cuban Cigars or Rum I can take orders) I have just learned the Navy is now sponsoring the U-50 Spirit of the Navy. I know have a new build to plan. Since I have limited internet I figured I would ask the experts. What hull would I use to build this boat for a scale? Second where would be the best resource for finding photos for the build? I have found one photo via the Navy Times but that is all so far. Once again guys I am calling on your knowledge and experience. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Navy Dave

u501.jpg

Morning gents, Thanks to limited internet access due to counter NARCO OPS (anyone want any Cuban Cigars or Rum I can take orders) I have just learned the Navy is now sponsoring the U-50 Spirit of the Navy. I know have a new build to plan. Since I have limited internet I figured I would ask the experts. What hull would I use to build this boat for a scale? Second where would be the best resource for finding photos for the build? I have found one photo via the Navy Times but that is all so far. Once again guys I am calling on your knowledge and experience. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Navy Dave
BanditMDOne place That as good pic of it is http://www.billophoto.com/ This site has alot off the hydroplane new to old. I too Really like the style of this boat. looked awsome on the water at Thunder on the Ohio. Hope this help ya.

Morning gents, Thanks to limited internet access due to counter NARCO OPS (anyone want any Cuban Cigars or Rum I can take orders) I have just learned the Navy is now sponsoring the U-50 Spirit of the Navy. I know have a new build to plan. Since I have limited internet I figured I would ask the experts. What hull would I use to build this boat for a scale? Second where would be the best resource for finding photos for the build? I have found one photo via the Navy Times but that is all so far. Once again guys I am calling on your knowledge and experience. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Navy Dave
BanditMDOne place That as good pic of it is http://www.billophoto.com/ This site has alot off the hydroplane new to old. I too Really like the style of this boat. looked awsome on the water at Thunder on the Ohio. Hope this help ya.
Navy Dave send me your email address i have tons of good pics of the beautiful boat. Mike

Hull #9399 L-2 (AKA Lucky) Lealand hull- U-100 PICO (1995), I think this is the hull.

Any one know how much and where I could pick one of these up, oh and will these work as a gas boat vice nitro. Thanks for all you help.

Any one know how much and where I could pick one of these up, oh and will these work as a gas boat vice nitro. Thanks for all you help.
John Borden [email protected]

Borden has this hull and it is a good one. But the cowl that they ran in Evansville was the Bud style cowl and not the old Pico style cowling. They had the Pico style cowling in the hauler though.

Brian

That cowl is simular to the Bud and others but looks to be flatter on the top. Same as the U-48 Lakeridge Paving.

Last edited by a moderator:
That cowl is simular to the Bud and others but looks to be flatter on the top. Same as the U-48 Lakeridge Paving.
Might be a Old Bud intake mounted on a pico style lower. Like Glen said, not a full Bud style cowling. But the inside did look like a full molded cowl (No major seam lines). Something the team made up and has molded it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back