Spektrum DX3R transmitter and SR3000 receiver

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

I poste on another forum but did'nt get any real solution so thought i'd post here too..

I recently bought a DX3r wheel set and a couple of SR3000 receivers to run in my FE boats..

Last Sunday was the first time i raced one of my boats with the DX3R wheel set and a SR3000 receiver.On initial setup and range check the receiver worked fine,but one i was out on the water the boat lost reception no more than 30m away..At first i thought the 5 cell ib1400 receiver pack may be to low, so before the next race i charged it up..This time the boat got alittle further away but still lost reception..I then decided to put the 3100 receiver that came with the DSX3r in the boat to see if it would work ok, which it did.I had no trouble with the boat at all..A club member offered to try my SR3000 receiver with his DX3 transmitter and it worked fine in his boat...

Is there something i have to do to the SR3000 receiver to make it work better???

My setup was Neu 1515 1y 4s 5300 lipo Hydra240 esc, ib1400 5 cell receiver pack...

This was the reply i received from spektrum tech support.

Thank you for your recent email. The Spektrum system is not recommended for any water application. The surface of the water is reflective and could cause problems with the signal from the transmitter to the receiver. I hope this helps.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Heath

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add to my post, i had about 4" of antenna sticking vertically out of the boat through a plastic tube..I was also standing well above the water line about 12 foot or so...

Heath

Back