Speed question (yet another)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atious

I know there are too many variables to consider when asking about how fast this will go with that etcetera....BUT.......

What would be a reasonable speed to expect from a Prather Lap Cat III running a K&B .67 with a tuned pipe(mild) on 20% nitro if set up decent. The prop is the 240 recommended by Prather.

No dou't mine have ran high 40's allday long best of 51mph with a stock .67 mostly 48's I think with your pipe it will run better than that. you need to find a friend with a radar gun it makes a day alot of fun then you can realy see the effects of little changes unless you have 1000 bucks lying around to buy your own i no i don't.

Yet another answer by the way i had a x450 prop octura basicley stock just shapened and balanced ,and polished try that. It had more rpm than my prather 240.

i run bone stock lap cat 3 with the 11cc k & b and 235 prop and am running upper 40s lower 50s no radar to check though :'( i dont have 1000 dollars

Apprecita the links. I'm just a sport boater, so "average speed" is usually sufficient for me. I do however own a radar gun. I picked up an el-cheapo on ebay for 100 bucks. Only off by - + 10mph ;D ;D (actually stated on the package, probably the same ones the cops use) ;) ;D

If anybody is interested, the June 1995 issue of Popular Electronics features a "How To" article on building a radar gun from a kit -- $99.95

Latest posts

Back