Spark V glow

• Thread starter Guest_Mike Bontoft
  • Start date
Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_Mike Bontoft

Has anyone tried spark ignition on any of the big glow engines to see how much glow ignition is hurting performance:ie CMB 100. I have tested the zenoah ignition to 21,000 with no problems. I realize it would be an ugly setup but I think it would be a good fact finding mission. The spark plug would mess the combustion chamber up but the smaller spark plug (g260) shouldn't be too bad.I would try it myself but my to do list is full. I guess the easier way would be to convert a zenoah to methonal and stick a glow plug in it . Sounds like a good excuse to run one of my gas engines on 50% nitro. ;) ;) :D

Mike

You would get a more stable running engine that would have less of a tendoncy to eat a plug and die, but on the other hand you go too lean and you sieze up engine.

While your at it you might find more overall power, it would no longer be a legal engine in nitro class competitions under Namba, Impba or APBA. I have talked with Andy brown about this subject on other sites and while pratical to do it has no real application as the rules are written. :( Scott

Latest posts

Back