Source for wood to build gas scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catxtreme

Where do you guys order your wood to build your boats? I am looking at getting a framing kit from Mike but have no source for sheeting and such.

Jeff Lee

I can also have whatever raw sheets of uncut ply and basswood sticks put in the box with your order to help u save on shipping. 1/16" ply through my guy adds about $11 per sheet of ply to your order. That covers the wood and shipping. Thanks, Mike

You can also order longer than 48" spruce stick stock from Aircraft Spruce. I get all my thin plywoods from B&D International in Tacoma WA since they sell 60" square sheets

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the replies fellas. I spoke with Mike earlier this evening and he is going to help me get what I need. I do have a hobby shop about an hours drive away that may possibly have some of the needed wood its just that wood is usually quite expensive in a hobby shop so I was looking for a cheaper aternative.

Jeff Lee

No arguments on that Phil. In my case, it's less than a 90 minute drive to Tacoma so I buy everything I think I'll need for several boats and make it worth the gas and time. My big issue is that none of the local shops carry stick stock over 36" long so, when I'm out of my on hand supply, I'll be ordering too :eek:

Back