some pics from today

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moontz

Meant to take some shots of the tboat, but lost the shaft 2 seconds after i threw it in so only pic is the one with the tennis ball :)

But ended up running the seaducer, and got some nice shots (courtesy of my father). Love seeing how the water comes off the hull. That ripple is so cool slowed down.

gallery_6555_801_11659.jpg

gallery_6555_801_356724.jpg

gallery_6555_801_255235.jpg

gallery_6555_801_1444231.jpg

gallery_6555_801_194144.jpg

gallery_6555_801_149180.jpg

Did you totally lose the shaft? That had to suck big time, having to tow it back in

Ive become a master with the fishing pole and tennis ball so retrieval is not an issue :) Problem was I moved my engine up about a 1/2" to adjust the center of gravity. Being the impatient person I am, I tried to run with the same length shaft (moved the drive dog as much as I could), but obviously did not work. Second it hit the water and had some load, the shaft came loose and fell out. I had a lawn rake to remove weeds for launching so was able to drag the rake on the bottom and get the shaft and prop back. Got lucky.

I prefer a flex/ferrule set up for that very reason, loose a shaft and parts stay in the boat. On my Muck scale, I have a square drive .250 shaft soldered to a ferrule, no way the stub and prop will go to the bottom with this set up, as long as it's properly tightened and lock tite is used

I prefer a flex/ferrule set up for that very reason, loose a shaft and parts stay in the boat. On my Muck scale, I have a square drive .250 shaft soldered to a ferrule, no way the stub and prop will go to the bottom with this set up, as long as it's properly tightened and lock tite is used
i have some shaft savers in the mail right now from cc racing :) learned my lesson

Back