• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD OUT!! MAC 21 Carb adapters for Violet needles

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Attebery

Guys,

I think they are all spoken for at this time. If I get enough requests I'll make up another batch.

Thanks!!!!!

Chris

Hey guys,

I made up a batch of sideplate adapters to directly attach a Bob Violet needle into the carb for the MAC 21.

For those of you building 21 hydros you know that plumbing the needle in the cramped engine compartment can be a bear. This adapter moves the needle into the side of the carb and replaces the stock sideplate and spraybar. You will also get instant response to your needle adjustments.

$28.85 shipped.

It's been a year or so, but I believe Jay Stone bought the last one I sold. Ask him how he likes it.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
David showers had a MAC setup like you mentioned it made a huge difference on response time on the 3rd channel..... good ideas!!

~James

Chris,

Looks good - will that also fit the black CMB 21 carbs? If so I'll take 1.

Tim.

Tim,

It's been my experience that the .21 sized CMD and CMB carbs are completely compatible.

The one I purchased is actually for my CMB carb.

TimD said:
Chris,Looks good - will that also fit the black CMB 21 carbs? If so I'll take 1.

Tim.
Tim,

I don't have a CMB carb to check against. The spray bar is .110" OD by .255" long.

The inner step is .536" OD by .065" long and the outer step is .588" OD by .065 long.

Chris

Chris Attebery said:
Hey guys,
I made up a batch of sideplate adapters to directly attach a Bob Violet needle into the carb for the MAC 21.

For those of you building 21 hydros you know that plumbing the needle in the cramped engine compartment can be a bear. This adapter moves the needle into the side of the carb and replaces the stock sideplate and spraybar. You will also get instant response to your needle adjustments.

$28.85 shipped.

It's been a year or so, but I believe Jay Stone bought the last one I sold. Ask him how he likes it.

Thanks,

Chris
Hey Chris ill send you a pay pal for a adapter whats your email?

Do yo have one made to fit a 67 size mac carb ? Phil Thomas

Last edited:
Forgot to ask earlier - any mods needed to the BVM needle to get it to fit the adapter?

TimD said:
Forgot to ask earlier - any mods needed to the BVM needle to get it to fit the adapter?
Hey Tim,

Yes, you have to cut the fuel barb off the threaded end of the needle. I include instructions on how to do it.

Thanks,

Chris

Latest posts

Back