• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 40 Crapshooter SOLD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preston_Hall

Included is the boat with servos (HS-5645 & HS-80 or 81), 2 Picco 45s, and the old style sponsons (extra).

The boat was originally purple as seen on the cowl and radio box interior. I had a battery failure which resulted in boken boom tubes. When the tubes folded back the was some very minor damage to the front tube hole of the tub. This was filled and redrilled. Of course it needed to be painted and I did not know the color code for the original color. The hull was stripped except for the radio box for obvious reasons, hence, the color difference. It has been repainted with an epoxy primmer and PPG Concepts paint. The color is parrot green.

Why is the sponson looking rough? Well the sponson tip broke off clean (at the glue joint) after a hard dunk. I did not make the repair and so the next hard dunk tore some sheeting off. This area has been filled with West Sysytems and the Micro Light filler. It needs a couple voids filled in the repair section before repainting. Be assured that the sponson was never torn to pieces. The white paint you seen is the original and you can see in the pictures that the sponson was not hurt.

The sponsons on the boat are the newer style and included is the older style as well.

Both Piccos were done by Frank Orlic. The one not in the boat has been run very little and should be in prime shape. The one in the boat probably has a bad bearing. The last time I ran it made a lean run and shut down. After that run it continued to shut down. The piston looks like crap and most people would tell you it was garbage. I would probably have told you it was garbage however it is the faster of the two. This motor I believe topped out at 88 mph. The other motor also pushed the boat at over 80. I am not making any promises but I would think that these speeds are still atainable.

It needs a turn fin. The one on the boat hit something in the water and dinged it. I filed it back into shape but the boat was never the same. I fully believe this was the cause of the formentioned dunks.

You will notice that I did away with the original steering servo mount. Prove me wrong, but the servo delivers the most power with the linkage being straight. Anyway, it doesn't drift out of the turn any more.

The front boom tubes were attached through the hull with screws similar to all other boats. The delrin collars never did hold the tube secure at hi speeds.

I could never run the boat with the cowl. After about 3 laps into the race the motor would shut down. So a friend pulled the cowl off and put the red piece of plastic on the boat you see in the picture. It ran fine then.

That is all I know of now, it may seem like there is a lot wrong with the boat but it is not. The boat is not 100% and therefore I am not selling for top dollar. The boat is at least five years old and I have not run it for two years. I will part with it for $1000 firm. I will keep the boat until it rots before I give it away. A Crapshooter will probably be the fastest heat racer you ever own. Shipping included to the states. Out of US will pay for actual shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preston,

If Speed doesen't take it,please let me know.

Thanks,Walt

Speed is not interested.
So does Walt have a new boat now? B)

:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup,

Walts got another boat. Just what I need.

I promised myself to backoff on the boat buying,but I have a new Picco piston and sleeve on the shelf collecting dust,so I figired it would be best used in a motor.

With only one 45 rigger (an SG) the Crapshooter was the perfect candidate.So,the rest is now history.

And now I have another project.

I need to retire so that I can finish up some of these projects ;) Work seems to always get in the way! :(

Well Walt. First you tried the rest. Now you have the best! Good choice....

Ron

geeez Walt! :p

If you feel the need to spend more money on boats, my race team is always looking for sponsors! For the right price I would even change the name to the "Walt Radzinski Express Racing Team"....lol

~James

geeez Walt! :p
If you feel the need to spend more money on boats, my race team is always looking for sponsors! For the right price I would even change the name to the "Walt Radzinski Express Racing Team"....lol

~James
Good One James!

Close,I ran an Alky dragster for years under Radzinski Racing.

It just was missing the Express.

We still have the big trailor all lettered up here.

If we don't cut back,we're going to have to use it to go to the pond.

I think I'm a boataholic now. But I'm DONE buying boats! (I hope).

There's just too many boats around here.

Pretty soon a bunch are gonna go.

A pile of motors too.

Now I know which ones I'm going to run.

Back