Smaller Apache, Cigarette, Carrera or Fountain Hulls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Cruz

I'm very much aware of the larger scale Offshore boat hulls, but these days, is anybody making these scale hulls in smaller .21 or .45 sizes?

Hi Michael, I'm aware of the Challenger and the Titan. However, unlike their larger counterparts, they are not as nicely scaled. The Challenger and Titan are much wider than scale. You can easily notice when you sit it beside a larger one, or one of the Apaches.

Back in the day I remember one of my friends had a .21 hull that looked narrow and to scale. But I can't seem to find one anywhere online. I don't remember whether it had a beak like the fountain, but it was definitely narrow.

Oh, by the way! I recognize your avatar. That's a garita!

Last edited by a moderator:
true, now I see what you mean. Hey if you find a scale apache let me know. It would be cool if a scale Deep Vee class openeds up.

I too, like a scale looking boat. Unfortunately, a lot of time, scale looking boats do not handle very well. This is also true for scale hydro. There aren't too many choices available today in 20 and 40 size. However, there were several "sort of" scale offshore boats from the 70's and 80's. The Steve Muck Streaker (which handled well) and the Dumas 40 size vee (did not handle very well) both looked pretty scale to me. I like the swept sheer line and they were good representation of the Cigarette offshore boat in the 70's. You can still find them on Ebay from time to time.

You might be right Kez, somebody must've figured out that at those small sizes, scale offshore boats don't run that great. But still, I would expect more 80's kids to be building them anyway.

I actually have a Dumas Scarab 45 (not the 40). It's pretty cool looking, but not as good and scale looking at the Apaches and larger Titan/Challengers.

I'll post pics here eventually when I can.

Back