Size of U-3 Turbos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcvnd

Does anyone know the size or model of the turbos used on the U-3 Cooper's boat. I believe they are Garrett Turbos. I am trying to get some info on dimensions to make some drawings so that they can be modeled for a 1/8 scale Allison. Any help or info would be much appreciated. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know the size or model of the turbos used on the U-3 Cooper's boat. I believe they are Garrett Turbos. I am trying to get some info on dimensions to make some drawings so that they can be modeled for a 1/8 scale Allison. Any help or info would be much appreciated. Thank you

Just read a post on another forum that the turbos might be made by Holsett/Cummins rather than Garrett????????? Please if anyone could help I would be much appreciative. Thanks

Just read a post on another forum that the turbos might be made by Holsett/Cummins rather than Garrett????????? Please if anyone could help I would be much appreciative. Thanks

Does anyone know what turbos were used on any of the historic hydros?

they look like gt framed garretts... maybe around a 96-102mmm probably a gt42 series.
Thanks Zach that is helpful.
Confirmed today Holsett turbos. No pics they kept the motors covered Blew 2 up and put everything away early
Hi Mike,

Yeah I was following on the insider. Seems it wasn't their weekend. First the jumped start and then the mechanical gremlins. Thanks for the info and thanks for trying!

they look like gt framed garretts... maybe around a 96-102mmm probably a gt42 series.
Thanks Zach that is helpful.
Confirmed today Holsett turbos. No pics they kept the motors covered Blew 2 up and put everything away early
Hi Mike,

Yeah I was following on the insider. Seems it wasn't their weekend. First the jumped start and then the mechanical gremlins. Thanks for the info and thanks for trying!
Comfumed Holset turbo . Exhaust outlet was 5 inch dim

Last edited:
Comfumed Holset turbo . Exhaust outlet was 5 inch dim

Thanks Doug. That is very helpfull

Latest posts

Back