Single F hydros/Twin F Hydros

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For about two decades they ran the Indy Unlimited. There was only ONE class, everyone could only bring ONE boat and there was only ONE first place trophey. :)

If I thought enough Twins would show up we'd just run TWINS! A massive TWIN FUEL HYDRO FEST!!!!
Point taken enjoy your race..

Julian

For about two decades they ran the Indy Unlimited. There was only ONE class, everyone could only bring ONE boat and there was only ONE first place trophey. :)

If I thought enough Twins would show up we'd just run TWINS! A massive TWIN FUEL HYDRO FEST!!!!
Andy: Set your date but not on "MOTHERS DAY" and format. They will come. Would like to see you at Huntsville at the trials or race. Doc

naa Ill pass on the race. ill save my vacation for the spring nats where i can run F Hydro..

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy: Set your date but not on "MOTHERS DAY" and format. They will come. Would like to see you at Huntsville at the trials or race. Doc
Talking with the "Distirct" leaders to confirm a date. We plan to be at Huntsville this Fall Doc.

Looking forward to seeing you again Andy. SAW will be a little less challenging since we got rid of the SKI JUMP! Plus we have added the 1/4 mile oval to our venue.

Cool! I'll miss the Ski jump! Now if you could just get the lake down to Sea Level. Not asking for much? LOL

Too many classes already. Run what you got or sit on the sides. No need to dumb down a class just so you feel more at ease with the water conditions. How about improving you boat to run in actual current race conditions.

If I remember right it's around 500 feet.
I think 600' Bill....@ the airport. Anyway I lose about 4% in speed from here (60' elevation) to there. With the same boat I ran 126 in Virginia (sea level), 121 in Huntsville (600') and 125 at Legg Lake (200').

Our SAW Lake it at sea Level Andy but its a bit on the Short side
Just need some good accelleration. The Top Fuel boats are hitting 240 mph in 1000'.
I Think we have 600 ft at best
Oh, that looks like 600' run up. I don't think Franklin ,Va is much better than that. It squeeses down too, making the L to R pass the most difficult. And Legg Lake is a bit difficult on the Left to right....also squeezes down due to the island in the back straight.

Cool! I'll miss the Ski jump! Now if you could just get the lake down to Sea Level. Not asking for much? LOL
Nothing like running at sea level, we do twice a year. :D
I think record trail attendence should be limited to one event per year per member.
Or at lease put a limit on the number of records they can set in a calander year.

I get tired of typing some of their names. :lol: :lol: :p ;)

Doug

Our SAW Lake it at sea Level Andy but its a bit on the Short side
Just need some good accelleration. The Top Fuel boats are hitting 240 mph in 1000'.
I Think we have 600 ft at best
Oh, that looks like 600' run up. I don't think Franklin ,Va is much better than that. It squeeses down too, making the L to R pass the most difficult. And Legg Lake is a bit difficult on the Left to right....also squeezes down due to the island in the back straight.
Andy

Our right hand end is short, would 500 feet at the best...( i think more like 450)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing like running at sea level, we do twice a year. :D
I think record trail attendence should be limited to one event per year per member.
Or at lease put a limit on the number of records they can set in a calander year.

I get tired of typing some of their names. :lol: :lol: :p ;)

Doug
There you go Doug. I knew there was a Selfish slant to that. :)

But seriously. Some guys live 1000 miles away from the nearest record event. Some guys have the best record facility within a one hour drive of the house.

That 1000 miles equates to $500 worth of fuel vs. 20 bucks worth...not to mention other travel expenses and travel time...days off of work.

There is a reason that most of the record holders live relatively local to a good record trial facility.

Latest posts

Back