Single F hydros/Twin F Hydros

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i disagree with you mr junker. theres a reason its called F Hydro if they don't want to run against the Twins in the class then you guys dont need to build the boat..

F Hydro is F hydro now if they offer the F hydro single class then by all means join that class but if you complaining because you have to run against twins if they dont offer the single F hydro class then dont race the boat.. its too easy
Like i said in my last post not complaining i just think the single F class would be a great class as well as a very popular and competitive class and if a club doesn't offer it for a weekend i am not opposed to racing with the twins if i have to its just much harder to be competitive with the big twins theys days. And not to mention boat builders like Andy sell more single 80 and 90 boats and i think that's good for the sport.Rich Junker.

Rich..YES definetly build a single X!! they are a blast..Dont get me wrong..i will never be without a TWIN..but ive been having a blast with my new shooter!!

Come on Rich join the fun build it.

Brett I will be at West Palm if I don't blow the eng up again. :(

David

Come on Rich join the fun build it.

Brett I will be at West Palm if I don't blow the eng up again. :(

David

Well what happened ?? :D
Got a gallon thew it and it's still in one piece.

Started to lean on it a little and top out at 95MPH and called it quits for now .

Need to load the eng more still gets a little bubbly by the middle of the straits.

Think I will tune it down a little for the next test run. :lol:

Drove right in full rudder no problem. :D

i disagree with you mr junker. theres a reason its called F Hydro if they don't want to run against the Twins in the class then you guys dont need to build the boat..

F Hydro is F hydro now if they offer the F hydro single class then by all means join that class but if you complaining because you have to run against twins if they dont offer the single F hydro class then dont race the boat.. its too easy
I have to agree with Rich Junker. The F/X class is a great Idea. I also agree that the F class should remain "as is", but the F/X class is a great idea because we have such a wide rage of engines that cover the F class today...and the reliability of twins has improved and the numbers of them racing has increased. 15 -20 years ago it was very rare to see a twin engine boat in California, or even a 90 for that matter. Everyone ran 80's in the X class. Now there are a bunch of twins in California. When the F class was started by the IMPBA there were NO engines for the class. Guys had to build there own, so the reallity was that there was not a big disparity.

F/X just makes good sence!
Thanks for your thoughts Andy. When I starte the post I was acused of being "scared to race twins". I did win F-CLASS US -1 at the Jacksonville Tenn Internats. I think I was the only single that qualified for the timed events, the rest were twins. I think the F/X class will enhance hydro racing. I have a new single 101 hydro ready for the F/X class as well as getting my twin back together after it was hit and destroyed on its maiden voyage. Looking forward to your event. Doc

Hunstville AL will have the single f hydro class. And a bonus single hydro vs twin hydro shootout bring your A game.

All Nitro, All Hydros!
Looking to set a firm date for this All Nitro All Hydro race. 2nd weekend of May 2013 is looking good.

Location TBA, South Georgia area.

Classes:

.21 hydro

.45 hydro

.67 hydro

.105 single hydro

Twin Fuel Hydro

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm let me check if i have enough frequent flyer miles yet

were would i need to fly into ?

Greg
Jacksonville, Fla will get you in at the best price. It's a little less than a 2 hour drive (easy drive). 2013 will be a good year for our European friends to visit also....

"World Fuel Hyrdo Championships" ?

5 qualifiying rounds and 3 final rounds. Lots of racing without bringing a trailer full of boats!!!

Greg
Jacksonville, Fla will get you in at the best price. It's a little less than a 2 hour drive (easy drive). 2013 will be a good year for our European friends to visit also....

5 qualifiying rounds and 3 final rounds. Lots of racing without bringing a trailer full of boats!!!
Andy what time of the year are you thinking this might happen?

All Nitro, All Hydros!
Looking to set a firm date for this All Nitro All Hydro race. 2nd weekend of May 2013 is looking good.

Classes:

.21 hydro

.45 hydro

.67 hydro

.105 single hydro

Twin Fuel Hydro

What happened to scale & sport-40,, they were in your original plans, weren't they?

Yep, found it.

"We are putting a club together here in North Florida. Thinking about putting on a race. Nitro Hydros only! .21 rigger, .45 rigger, .67 rigger, Single F/X rigger, Twin Rigger, Sport .45, 1/8 Scale Unlimited.

5 quailfying rounds. Top six qualifiers run a 3 round final.

Blue Lake @ Valdosta, Ga.

Tenetive date May/June 2013.

All Nitro, All Hydros!

Classes:

.21 hydro

.45 hydro

.67 hydro

.105 single hydro

Twin Fuel Hydro
Andy What happen to F hydro the regular class ?? i see B,D,E,F (Single) and Twin Hydro but no F Hydro ?? i would also do some Open Classes as well like Unlimited too..

Greg

Andy what time of the year are you thinking this might happen?
Joe, May 11 - 12, 2013. That would be Mothers Day so be sure to take the moms out to dinner the week before! :wub:

All Nitro, All Hydros!

Classes:

.21 hydro

.45 hydro

.67 hydro

.105 single hydro

Twin Fuel Hydro

What happened to scale & sport-40,, they were in your original plans, weren't they?

Yep, found it.

"We are putting a club together here in North Florida. Thinking about putting on a race. Nitro Hydros only! .21 rigger, .45 rigger, .67 rigger, Single F/X rigger, Twin Rigger, Sport .45, 1/8 Scale Unlimited.

5 quailfying rounds. Top six qualifiers run a 3 round final.

Blue Lake @ Valdosta, Ga.

Tenetive date May/June 2013.
Rick, Julian,

I talked with some 1/8 scale guys. Many of them do not run riggers, So it would be a one or two boat race for them if they have a sport 45. They suggested adding gas Thunderboat to entice them to make the race. There was serious thought about doing this, but if we add Thunderboat then we would have to add some other gas boats to help bring up the feild of thunder boats. This then escalates into more classes, which is what we are trying to move away from. Big races like the Winternats and the Fall nats are great because they draw large numbers of contestants and it is a great chance for lots of commraderie, but if you are a guy that only races 1/8 scale and sport 45 you have to sit for 3 days to race 8 heats. Not everyone wants to do that. Or you have to own and enter more boats in order to not get bored. Some can't afford to do that.

That is one of the main purposes for this race....to get in lots of racing for the individual racer without him having to bring a trailer full of boats. We want to run many heats per class to help define the most prepared and best drivers of the weekend. This reduces the "luck" factor. This is one reason for allowing back up boats. Some guys race several classes in case something bad happens to one boat, they still have boats to race. For this race we do not want someone's ultimate fate determined by some huge alligator that ate his boat. LOL

Julian, that is the reason for not running "F". There will be lots of racing for each class. We will run 5 qualifying rounds and 3 final rounds for the top qualifiers. If there are more than about 15 boats in a class we will run prelimanary finals. This would mean you will run your twin 11 times if you get all the way to the finals.

Flights are around $1600.00 return so i might try and get over for one of the Longer events

unless there is another race within a week either side thats not too far
Greg, This will be like a big race with your favorite classes. That is the purpose of not running too many classes....so racers can travel a long distance with just 2 or 3 boats and get lots of racing action against the best of the best. The interest level will most likely get to the point where this will have to be a three day race with 30 - 40 boats per class.

Andy it looks like there might be 2 or 3 of us that are looking at coming over for the race

3 Days sounds good to me.

I have some bussiness contacts in Lake Wales FL so i might be able to get to those guys for a few days
You would do well to fly into Orlando then. Close to Lake Wales and Internation rates into ORL are nomally less than JAX.

Bring Hydros and lets Race!

Latest posts

Back