silent engines- Gualtiero Picco

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Finch

Supporting Member
My good friend Fabrizio Medeot just informed me that Gualtiero Picco has passed away after battling cancer. He was more a hero in the car portion of our hobby than most of us know and will be greatly missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was fortunate enough to see Mr Picco Sr run his tether cars earlier this year at the World Champs and his cars were breathtakingly fast.

Rest In Peace.

I am glad to say that the report of Gualtiero Picco's death is incorrect.He was at a tether car meeting yesterday our time

with a friend Paul Otto Strobel. A member of our tether car club spoke to Paul immediatley after i rang him to let him know

of Picco's passing.

Brian McKellar

Sydney Australia

Paul is Picco's business partner so i would think he would be informed of such an event.

At about 11.30pm Switzerland time he had not heard anything.

Brian

I am glad to say that the report of Gualtiero Picco's death is incorrect.He was at a tether car meeting yesterday our time

with a friend Paul Otto Strobel. A member of our tether car club spoke to Paul immediatley after i rang him to let him know

of Picco's passing.

Brian McKellar

Sydney Australia

Sorry

but it's correct,

yesterday at 17 (o'clock) Mr' Gualtiero passed in other life!

Fabrizio

Mr. Gualtierto Picco the desinger & manufacture of the Picco line of engines passed away.
Sorry to here this. This man was one of the most knowledgable engine builders in the world! I had the opportunity to met & spend time with him & his interpreter at several tether car meets on Long Island.

Jim Allen

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad News Indeed... We were just Enjoying Some Great Running Picco Engines yesterday @ the Atlanta Spring Nats..... His Engine Work & Engineering as been admired by Many!!

I met him several years ago. He was attending the NAVIGA World Championships.

He has done a lot over the years to improve engines; their design and manufacturing quality.

Al Hobbs

Latest posts

Back