Shrink myth

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjslhill

Rumors flowing around about GP3300 green/yellow shrink cells vs. the multi rainbow colored shirnk cells. We happen to get both and they are the same cells. Sometimes the Multicolored is slightly better, sometimes the green/yellow.

It's just hype....we have the testing equipment to back it up.

thanks

Steve

Steve is correct..... A tech at GP USA informed me that the SCHR (rainbow) and the SCHC (green/yellow) cells are produced at the same time, on the same assembly line, to the same specs. The shrink that they receive is determined by their order filling requirements, for either commercial or hobby use.

Zebra shrink? I heard they were having a new cell called an Epic. I know a matcher that tested 2000 of them, said they were no better than anything else and they were all over the place on voltage and runtime. Trinity has been known to change shrink, raise the prices and tell everyone they have a new cell. my 2 cents

What ultra expensive about the GP Zebra?

Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com
Are the zebra wrapped cells available from any supplier besides Trinity?

Trinity has been known to change shrink, raise the prices and tell everyone they have a new cell. my 2 cents
My point, precisely......... just more EP hype. Grasping at straws in a market that he no longer controls.

You start agreeing with me and RRR will throw you off the forum for life. ;D

Steve

Here is the BS I heard going around these parts,

GP can tell which cells are better when they are built, the better cells are going to Trinity with different shrink wrap.

-MikeP

Like all cell manufacturers, GP tests a sample of each production lot/batch/day code and knows which lots are better than others. When I purchased a quantity in July, they were saying that the lots with the green/yellow shrink were marginally better than others. It would be interesting to get a random sampling of virgin Yokomo, rainbow, commercial and zebra cells to compare, but then the differences may only be normal production deviations.

Latest posts

Back