SGX 45 / AB 45XT / CMB 45 HR

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did some more testing yesterday...

Head-button was cleaned, pipe was set to 10.5" (from plug to end of flat band), prop 1655 s&b

First I stayed on the really rich side and made some laps, than I started to lean it out and it began to sing :D

Maybe not yet 100% top performance but way better than last time.

When I had the boat back to shore I noticed

MY 45XT PIPE IS FALLING APART!!! :unsure:

So no more testing :angry:

Back home I degreased the pipe and used some green Loctite to glue the parts together.

...more testing to come

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, I am running an older roadrunner with a CMB 45RS, AB Parabolic at 8 7/8", H-22 on 50/18 fuel with K&B HP plug. The boat launches, turns and runs excellent. Keep it rich like you have been told and increase the nitro and get that pipe in until it has a hard time launching and then back it out 1/8 to 1/4". If it launches and stays on the pipe in the corners then you should be pretty close. What plug are you using?

Hope this helps.....

What plug are you using?
Rossi R7
too cold better use R6 for 7.5cc to 11cc ;)

OK, I will test a R6 next time

...at least my pipe is so hot that it is falling apart ;)

Lower nitro makes more heat in the pipe just as gasoline.

As you increase the Nitro and decrease the head clearance the pipe temp will come down.

If you run more than 40% you can put the head down to 0.25mm or a little less.

Hi All,

Not to steal the thread, but I have a similar situation. I have D Hawk, with a Mac .45 and a AB45XT pipe. I would think the boat should be moving along fairly well, but it don't? I run 60% nitro and 1455 or 1457 and my pipe I think is a little long, I did try getting this info on pipe length before but never really got the answer. My pipe is about 11.25 to the trailing edge of the flat of the pipe, I really cant shorten the header any more so should i shorten the tuned pipe? Is this pipe coming apart common, if so do I need a different pipe?

Thank You for your help in Advance.

Paul

I really want to race this boat, but I am afraid my A hydro would beat it in a race.

Paul,

That pipe is at least 2" too long. No power with that length. Heck, a 67 pipe is shorter than that and some 90's are as well. A MAC 45 with the AB pipe (any of them) will be inside of 9 1/2".

The pipe should fit over the header. Cut the header first (leaving at least 2-3") and then the pipe to get the right length.

Hi All,
Not to steal the thread, but I have a similar situation. I have D Hawk, with a Mac .45 and a AB45XT pipe. I would think the boat should be moving along fairly well, but it don't? I run 60% nitro and 1455 or 1457 and my pipe I think is a little long, I did try getting this info on pipe length before but never really got the answer. My pipe is about 11.25 to the trailing edge of the flat of the pipe, I really cant shorten the header any more so should i shorten the tuned pipe? Is this pipe coming apart common, if so do I need a different pipe?

Thank You for your help in Advance.

Paul

I really want to race this boat, but I am afraid my A hydro would beat it in a race.

Shorten the pipe 1/2" and use a 1460 with a lttle cup. The others are to small for a Hawk.

Back