Setup tips for a K&B 7.5 and DPI Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowebar

Setup tips for a K&B 7.5 and DPI Tunnel

I've got an older K&B 7.5 that is stock and a DPI 7.5 tunnel. I put it together years ago but never ran it. I pulled it off the shelf today and want to go play. Here's my question. What's a good prop to start with. Also, What's a good motor placement? Up, down, neutral? Will it need positive or negative trim or flat?

Thanks in advance!

Dick Crowe

Re:Setup tips for a K&B 7.5 and DPI Tunnel

Dick

We have been running the 1450 back cut and pitch up. A good starting point would be a little below the sponson and neutral angle. Adjust to fit.

Mike

PS I hired on with a new crew this week. SME A commerial electric outfit.

No more unemployment checks for me.

Dick, I have one, it's one of the first good ones out of the mold. A small adjustment makes a big difference in the set-up, it is a real touchy hull. When you get a good set-up on it, leave it there or you'll lose it, I know. The owners manual that I have really doesn't give any good advice, just the usual stuff as you know. I have 2 oz. of lead on each sponson tip and some on top of the radio box.

If you have trouble getting a fuel tank that fits well under the cowling, get one of Grimmy's 13 oz. Pyramid tanks, they fit great in there!

I had better luck w/an Octura X-447 three blade and the engine set at a neutral position w/mine.

If possible I'd buy some extra plastic from a hobby shop and plastic glue and reinforce the transom before the motor tears it apart.

Hold On Here!!!

This is "Mr. Go Fast With Electricity" asking questions about stinky, noisy, messy nitro boats??!!

Dick, for sport running just stick a X447 on it. If you don't have one, give me a call and we'll meet somewhere between my place and your house for a cup of coffee and a prop exhange.

Also, I suggest adding 4 - 5 oz. of lead to the front sponson tips.

Jerry D.

Thanks Guys, That will help out.

I may take you up on the Coffee Jerry, more just to hang out then to get a prop off of you!

I started a little electric tunnel project and forgot how much I liked Tunnels. I still have my 3.5 and built that 7.5 but it never made it to the lake! I still hold that I'll make it out to the nitro races again. I've always liked Nitro boats, I just had to back off a little and be a dad the last few years. While that hasn't changed much (especially with 1 month old twins) I'll still plan on a comeback sometime, hopefully soon!

It might even have a little incentive if this 3.5 electric tunnel comes out as good as I think it will. With the advent of Brushless motors and 3300 mah battery packs I might just be able to hang with you guys on your course! Might be fun just to see!

I'll give you a call!

Dick

Latest posts

Back