setup deevee 3.5cc outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gattorno

Hi boys,

Someone would be able me to tell that level is placed the prop shaft in a deevee prather 31" outboard and some ideas of configuration of the rc, system of fuel, etc. please.

Atte. Gatt

View attachment 3774

Gattorno said:
Hi boys,
    Someone would be able me to tell that level is placed the prop shaft in a deevee prather 31" outboard and some ideas of configuration of the rc, system of fuel, etc. please.

Atte. Gatt

80783[/snapback]

I JUST GOT DONE BUILDING A 33 INCH CAL CRAFT MONO LAST NIGHT SO I'M FRESH ON THIS SUBJECT.FIRST OF ALL SET THE PROP SHAFT LEVEL WITH THE KEEL OF THE BOAT WITH ABOUT 2-3 DEG UP ANGLE ON THE PROP. RUN LONG TRIM TABS AND PUT THE TURN FIN ON THE RIGHT SIDE AT THE SAME ANGLE OF THE BOTTOM OF THE HULL.I USED A 107 OUNCE HITECH STEERING SERVO AND A STANDARD S148 FUTABA THROTTLE SERVO I USED PRATHERS CABLE KIT FOR THE LINKAGE. I BUILT MY OWN RADIO BOX OUT OF WOOD YOU COULD USE PRATHERS RADIO BOX ALSO.THE FUEL SYSTEM SITS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE ENGINE I HAVE A 10 OUNCE TANK AND NEXT TO IT A 4 OUNCE HOPPER TANK.RADIO BOX SITS IN FRONT OF THE FUEL SYSTEM HALF UNDER THE DECK.IF YOU RUN THE 3.5 ON IT RUN AN OCTURA X440 PROP IF YOU RUN THE 7.5 ON IT RUN AN OCTURA X450 PROP WITH 50 % FUEL AND K&B H.P. GLOW PLUG.

Re: prop shaft depth for OB on Deep Vee

It has been my experience that running the c/l of the prop even with the keel causes the boat to pitch side to side rather violently.

I found lowering the prop depth stabalized the ride.

JD

thaks boys,

I am going to test to see as runs the deebee, I ask because always I have run tunnels 3.5 and the deevee I cannot cause them to run to all the power, thanks friends.

here I put him a pic of one of my inventions but frustrated, the motor is heated a lot and does not run as one of nitro, if someone has some comment or suggestion, thanks

DCP_2371.jpg

DCP_2366.jpg

Gatt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gatt,

how many cells are you running on that motor? and what size prop?

if the motor/cells/controller are getting hot, then the setup is too much, try lifting the prop higher or running a smaller prop.

Kris

Hi Kris,

I am using 8 cells and a prop Octura X438 or X437/3 and a speed control futaba MC210CB.

Gatt.

Gattorno said:
Hi Kris,
I am using 8 cells and a prop Octura X438 or X437/3 and a speed control futaba MC210CB.

Gatt.

81607[/snapback]

I GOT A CHANCE TO RUN MINE YESTERDAY FOR THE FIRST TIME I HAD TO LOWER THE ENGINE ABOUT A 1/4 OF AN INCH TO KEEP THE BOAT FROM ROLLER OVER ON ITS SIDE IN A TURN AND WENT TO A OCTURA X440 3 BLADE BOAT RAN LIKE A CHAMP.

Back