Senate warns of sweeping ammo ban

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

I usually dont get to crazy on such topics,

But this one does hold up,Cant get the guns go after the ammo........

Gene

Added screenshot from letter signed by 52 in the senate:

ammo ban.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
.223 sales are drying up fast you better learn how to press your own ammo. The hoarding has already begun Walmart,Cabelas,Dicks,Bass Pro shops,Sports Authority, do not have any .223 and they all are saying the banned sales will begin 4/1/2015

To me the senate concern seems to be not letting the ATF ban ammo,

Just on premise it could penetrate body armor.

The effect would be far reaching in the sportsman calibers also,

Gene

Good to hear,till the next hairbrained idea ATF comes up with..........

With those guys ya never know,

Gene

If the ATF really want's to do good, ban Tobacco. The medical costs to all would drop astronomically over the next five years but, as we all know, it will never happen due to the tobacco lobby in Washington DC

.223 sales are drying up fast you better learn how to press your own ammo. The hoarding has already begun Walmart,Cabelas,Dicks,Bass Pro shops,Sports Authority, do not have any .223 and they all are saying the banned sales will begin 4/1/2015
are these the same morons who are still gobbling up .22LR like it's going out of style?

From what I read last night the ATF was hit with over 80,000 comments regarding the proposed ban initiated by Obama and virtually all were negative. It bought us time but rest assured they will not stop trying...................

Below is something that you should read - What is the average length of a Democracy? I read this years ago and it is absolutely correct and accelerating.

About the time our original thirteen states adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:

'A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government'

'A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury'

'From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship'

'The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years'

'During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:

1. From bondage to spiritual faith;

2. From spiritual faith to great courage;

3. From courage to liberty;

4. From liberty to abundance;

5. From abundance to complacency;

6. From complacency to apathy;

7. From apathy to dependence;

8. From dependence back into bondage'

Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the 2000 Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Gore: 19 Bush: 29

Square miles of land won by: Gore: 580,000 Bush: 2,427,000

Population of counties won by: Gore: 127 million Bush: 143 million

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Gore: 13.2 Bush: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: 'In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare...' Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the 'complacency and apathy' phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the 'governmental dependency' phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegal and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

Like what Don said,

This from last Thursdays Washington Examiner...........

Unreal man,

Gene

Added new screenshot:

ammo2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like what Don said,

This from last Thursdays Washington Examiner...........

Unreal man,

Gene

Added new screenshot:
Yup. They will continue to try all the angles they can think of even though there is no record of any law enforcement officer being killed by a 5.56 round in the U.S. And I'm still trying to find even a pic of a true handgun that fires a 5.56 round that they keep referring to, anyone actually seen one?? This is just the foot in the door and if allowed to continue will expand exponentially as it's common knowledge that any high powered rifle round will penetrate a basic police issue vest which does not compare to the full on military grade vests with the plate inserts. As a friend of mine who is a Va. State trooper said to me last week this has nothing to do with protecting police officers.................

Only one I know of even remotely close is the TC Pro in 223,

Single shot hunting model with interchangable barrels,

Gene

Here's pic:

ammo3.jpg

Search again, gener......bushmaster xm-15, extar exp, keltec plr-16 are just a few. Go to slickguns.com, a ton of pistols & ar15 style conversion kits. Apparently .223/5.56 pistols are a lot more common than I thought. I wasn't surprised by the number of ar15 conversions, but was surprised by the number of dedicated, non ar15 based pistols. This was a quick 3 min. search, looking further will just turn up even more.

Search again, gener......bushmaster xm-15, extar exp, keltec plr-16 are just a few. Go to slickguns.com, a ton of pistols & ar15 style conversion kits. Apparently .223/5.56 pistols are a lot more common than I thought. I wasn't surprised by the number of ar15 conversions, but was surprised by the number of dedicated, non ar15 based pistols. This was a quick 3 min. search, looking further will just turn up even more.
They might call them "pistols" because they are shortened rifles but they are NOT handguns. That's what the ATF is trying to push and convince Congress that these are like any other handgun, easy to conceal and very common on the street which is pure BS. Let's see you tuck one of those under your T shirt or in your pants pocket as you take a stroll thru the 'hood....................

I agree, Don. "Normal" concealed carry, not so much. BUT, with the Omar the tent maker inspired clothes worn by the boyz in da hood, you could prolly conceal a 105mm howitzer -LOL!

Latest posts

Back