sealing boats,.. again

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

Sealing up some parts.. Using Mas medium,.. seems like really good stuff..

I put it on the parts and basically tried to rub it into the grain and then wiped off as much as I could... I plan to go straight to color on the sponsons and then clear,.. and probably just clear on the tub.. Just a very light 400 grit sanding after the epoxy.. The inside of the hull will get a coat pretty much painted on and left to cure like that..

Would you guys recommend anything different?

maybe more than one coat.. other than that you should be ok.. depending on the color you choose it may show some transparincy.. again alot has to do with color.

the 1st coat of sealer will wick the wood grain.. sand it down with 400 then put on another coat.. then sand that and shoot your color and you will be in good shape

anthony, take a single edge razor blade & scrape the hull by holding it at 90* to the boat, after the epoxy has cured. it will help keep the edges sharp & reduce your sanding a bunch!! simple thing to do & saves a lot of time.

Hi Tony, I'm still the "loneracer" :ph34r: here in Indy. Got my seaducer 20 working great with new Novi water cooled engine. I just bought a Cobra tunnel with OS outboard from someone on this web site. Won't get it until next week or so, only paid $275 including servos. Guy claims that it is set up to peak performance. 43 MPH (about 1/2 of what you are use too) as measured with radar gun....figure on Jack's pond that will be fast enough. At least with 2 boats I can get Jack or my son to race me with one of them.

How are things going for you and your family? I'll bet those boys getting big.

Gary

GARY!!!! you're on a good site here... I bet the mono is running well with the NR.. I'm running one too.. THings are going well.. boys are big for sure... a broken bone here and there,. but really good over all... I bet you're burning up Jacks pond!!!!

I would do two coats of epoxy in the tank and engine areas. Sand the 1st coat after it cures, and then apply final coat. Richard D

When a few drops of epoxy-color are used in your seal/coat , often painting is not needed anymore.

Back