SEADUNK

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No trim tabs at all and the boat was clocked at 58,9mph with a MD G26

repositioned 2" back.

However lot of people say Ducer's are built to run according to Jerry's directions....I'm sure there are mono experts here like Mr Chuck to clear my doubts.

Gill

speaker boy was this videa shot at a race or a club date and do you run impba or namba

if you slow the seaducer dunk down , first stage is the bronco buck or pig root,

( by this point right here - you gave it to much gas to early ) ,then you will see that the boat usually will roll to the inside (st) as it goes down.

we have found :

-engine central pt-st cg this has helped in the straits.

-when a seaducer runs flat out they run on a hydraulic vaccum ( in the hook ),this is why they are so fussy to setup , its critical to get just enough suction for stability..

when the vaccum breaks tension it behaves exactly like a normal mono that finds itself at twice its rated speed !!!

I would realy like to see jerry's take on a 50-55 inch mono with the air channel deck

problem is the shipping will double in price

i love my SD3's - look out if the water is flat

p.s. i have NEVER seen a sub drive sd dive ever - perhaps we have forgotten something in the mad rush for surface drive??

MY 2c

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to IMPBA.net look @ page #31 for the Finch Info. I`ll have to do some looking for the MONO book # John wrote several years ago. It is the Mono racers Bible. It has a ton of theory. When you understand the theory You can fix the other little problems too..

Jason the diff between the surface drive set ups and the Sub surface are the HULLS. Both hulls have differnet breaking points under the boat @ the keel line. if the boats directions say Surface Drive it will have a Quicker breaking point. Sub surface hulls had a longer (slow) breaking point under the Hull..... There were a lot of Good hulls that have breaking points About 2 inches in front of the CG..... if you have ever tried to take a Older Sub surface Hull & make it a Surface Drive it will just about Burn Up every engine you put under the hood. the wetting surface would be Too long..... Surface drive boat hulls have a shorter wetting surface. Microburst Build some fine 40 boat hulls with a breaking point only 2-3 inches in front of the CG. the mono boat hull turns on the breaking point. Moving this greatly effect the corning on a hull.. Somone mentioned Taking the hook out of a Seaducer hull..... MISTAKE...... the boat needs the hook to turn in the race chop. I have seen this mistake made several times. Without the Hook it goes into a turn & will slide OUT about 10 lanes before you can catch it..Do Not take the Hook out... It is there for a reason. early years the hook seemed hard to control from hull to hull during mfg. But Most Current Seaducer hulls today more consistent. I have raced seaducer hulls for 6 years. I lost count on how many I have owned & tuned..

Dale0 said:
I think what it is like Jay said its turning left. Most people run a slight right turn all the way down the front stretch, and seldom add any left correction. Often time left correction is used on the back stretch. Add left turn, boat gets light, prop catches a wave, and DUNK!
114177[/snapback]

I think you hit it there with backstrech, I do it also, comin out of 3 your not

lined up just right for bouy 4 and left comes in, not what you wanna do, with

any hull.

You guys that are complaining about the Sd3 Never raced the Sd1`s They TAUGHT US EARLY....... NO LEFT TURNS. Your Strut Set UP ..... Your boat(hull) should be WET in open water WOT or practice with 2-3 boats. the chop will free the boat UP. ALWAYS run the Strut Perfecty parallel. Measuring with the straight edge off the back of the transom. Move the strut approX 1/32 @ A TIME UNTILL YOU FIND THE PERFECT TRIM.

cool,

i didnt know about breaking ponts being that critical before... interesting..

:p i would have thought a cube would get a block of wood out of the water !

let alone a V shape.

i only buff the bottom of my hulls , no bog.. :D

HOW do you get variation in hook out of a vaccum bagged mold ????

Jase

callcraft racer , this video was shot at a meeting in germany , i did run the lazer all day ,the water was flat in the beginning and i was running a NO lift prop , al forward thrust , as soon as the small choppy waves came it was hard to run the high speeds and soon unstable rides follow. . i switched props and had fun all day in big choppy water ! never dunked it again ..

oooh i am in the netherlands , we dont have those organisations ...

Jerome

Thank you every one for the replies! I think I'm getting a good idea as to what is going on now. Thanks again, Drew

Jase The Hook is in the Mold. Also the bottom of the stringers have radius cut into them to allow the hook to form.never leave your race hulls tied down on a stand hard for months. Seaducer suggest you Long store the boat hulls upside down. Also when you const the boat Make Sure you seal up the holes in the transom. If Not it will Suck Up water & change. ;)

Joe W said:
Jason the diff between the surface drive set ups and the Sub surface are the HULLS. Both hulls have differnet breaking points under the boat @ the keel line. if the boats  directions say Surface Drive it will have a Quicker breaking point. Sub surface hulls had a longer (slow) breaking point under the Hull..... There were a lot of Good hulls that have breaking points About 2 inches in front of the CG..... if you have ever tried to take a Older Sub surface Hull & make it a Surface Drive it will just about Burn Up every engine you put under the hood. the wetting surface would be Too long..... Surface drive boat hulls have a shorter wetting surface. Microburst Build some fine  40 boat hulls with a breaking point only 2-3 inches in front of the CG. the mono boat hull turns on the breaking point. Moving this greatly effect the corning on a hull.. Somone mentioned Taking the hook out of a Seaducer hull..... MISTAKE...... the boat needs the hook to turn in the race chop.  I have seen this mistake made several times. Without the Hook it goes into a turn & will slide OUT about 10 lanes before you can catch it..Do Not take the Hook out... It is there for a reason. early years the hook seemed hard to control from hull to hull during mfg. But Most Current Seaducer hulls today more consistent. I have raced seaducer hulls for 6 years. I lost count on how many I have owned & tuned..
114214[/snapback]

Joe,

your correct about the hook design in Seaducers, I ran one back 3 or 4

years ago at Evansville against you and had taken the hook out, you told me

then; fast boat, but won't hold a line through corners. YOU WERE RIGHT ON.

Drew,

I agree with what has been pointed out:

1) You can't steer left under power or you will dunk

2) The strut must be flat - critical

3) If the boat never comes up then it will never dunk

4) You can't set the boat in smooth water

5) Try some other props if the strut is flat and all the way down

Well I moved the strut per the instructions, adjusted the pipe to a more suitable dimension, put a 1/4" to 3/16” shaft with a more realistic sized prop and guess what happened yesterday at the pond. :ph34r:

The boat ran like it was suppose to. :p

Preston needs to add

6)Follow Jerry's instructions.

:lol:

-Buck-

Back