seaducer 67 prop?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moontz

I run a mac 67 w/ AB parabolic in a seaducer 60/80

I went from a x457 --> x460 ---> x462 each upsize gaining about 2-3 mph with no plug issues or associated problems.

Is it worth me going to a x465 or am I asking too much :) Any other props out there (outside of octura) that might bump me up a bit since it seems to be pulling the 462 without issue.

Thanks

Brian

I went from a x457 --> x460 ---> x462 each upsize gaining about 2-3 mph with no plug issues or associated problems.

Is it worth me going to a x465 or am I asking too much
smile.gif
Any other props out there (outside of octura) that might bump me up a bit since it seems to be pulling the 462 without issue.

Thanks

Brian
The Mac is very similar to the CMB 67,which I run,and the pipe is very much part of what prop works best. Just for a differant spin on motor and pipe,

and prop combination, I run a X457/3 with a Cooper QHP pipe at 11.25". Runnin 60-62 MPH. Seaducer 60/80 hull in heat race trim. The larger

props just keep RPM's down with my set-up and cornering suffers also.

The Mac is very similar to the CMB 67,which I run,and the pipe is very much part of what prop works best. Just for a differant spin on motor and pipe,

and prop combination, I run a X457/3 with a Cooper QHP pipe at 11.25". Runnin 60-62 MPH. Seaducer 60/80 hull in heat race trim. The larger

props just keep RPM's down with my set-up and cornering suffers also.
hmmm.. mine is slightly different. 457/2 got me around 55mph. 462/2 around 58mph. id love to hit 60 consistently. will keep testing. thanks for the info!

Is it worth me going to a x465 or am I asking too much :) Any other props out there (outside of octura) that might bump me up a bit since it seems to be pulling the 462 without issue.

Thanks

Brian
X462 is the best prop for a seaducer 60/80. Just add tip cup if you want to go faster..... should go 64-65 with correct tip cup. if you select a X465 it will require a lot of work.... Diameter & leading edge & you will want to kill some lift too. A X462 on a Mac 67 is a lot of prop in that Hull..

Maybe try the X560? My MAC84 loves it. MAybe cut it down a little for the 67
just got a 560 yesterday at al's shop. need to s/b it this week and will try on the weekend. i cupped the tips a bit on the 460 and got another couple mph out of it so now it is equal speed to the stock 462 - ~57mph.

curious, are people getting over 60mph with a 67 on flat water? or race water?

should i be satisfied with 57-58mph with a mac 67 on water like glass?

thanks, brian

Race water, or atleast some light chop. The 'ducer is a DOG on glass water. Need to have some light wind chop to break it loose. If you can make it go on glass (SAW), then it will be WAY too loose for race water.

Also, it's best not to over prop the MAC motors. Let them REV! An audio recording of Andy's 126mph pass with a MAC84 is on the CMDI web site; listen to the motor; it sounds like a 45.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian,

A reduced X-462 V-cut would be a great propeller to run on your set up.

They work very well on a mono hull.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

so i decided to throw a x465 on it just to see what would happen. 63.8 mph :) before that, top speed was 58 with x462 running by itself. seems to pull the 465 ok. only time it came off pipe was if i did a hard correction then it would take 1/4-1/2 a straight to come back up. but if i hit the turns smoothly, comes through fine. plug was looking good after a tank - slightly pulled out. i think i back cut a little bit and i may have something - or maybe just leave as is and see how it does with some chop.

Brian,

I would reduce the blade area ratio in that propeller if you are going to race it.

The backcut will help between .1radi to .3 radi, I would pull the diameter down to

63 mm for sure.

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Back