SD mono surface vs. sub surface

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steath assassin

Which Is In your opinion the better oval race hull?

I have a 31" sub surface hull undrilled and I am trying to decide If I want to run this hull???

Thanks,

Derrick

Last edited by a moderator:
There Is no hook In the bottom.

Picture065.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Surface drive,mine has a short stroke Nova with a AB parobolic and a x437 stock its a rocket.
Is that an x437, or an X437/3???

This Is a surface drive hull??? It came with a sub strut... Weird...
Normal struts are used for surface drive too...it does not have to be a stinger for it to be surface. Both of my monos are surface, and neither have a stinger. Pics below. The black boat is an SD3 B-mono (.21).

Sean

strut1.JPG

There Is no hool In the bottom.
Picture065.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture063.jpg
Surface drive,mine has a short stroke Nova with a AB parobolic and a x437 stock its a rocket.

Are you sure this Is a surface drive hull??? I would not think so with the strakes running all the way back.???
i beleive you can run that boat either way. i know if thats an sd2 or sd3 the sd stands for surface drive . if its earlier then that it was probally meant to run sub surface. i would probally still just set it up surface drive if it was me theres a lot less drag. if you want the best answer go to the horses mouth and call jerry at seaducer boats. by looking at the bottom i would say thats the earliest seaducer. just my 2 cents

I too had thought SD stood for Surface Drive... but was later told that it just stands for Seaducer... ????

Sean

Strakes are there for lift. and to break the water flow (suction) off the hull. Now consider all that has been said about the non-linear turning behavior of the Seaducer hulls; and what would cause the hull to tighten up the radius in a turn..........

I think the boat i just bought off ebay is the same hull. it has provisions for both sub and surface drive , its set up sub surface . it has a stamp on the inside of the hull with

SEADUCER BOATS

KEVLAR LAY UP

HULL # 752

TEL 3057729002

This is one boat that will never be sold....

Back