Scoring Program's for RC Boat Racing?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word on progress Bill ??? Cant wait to see it in action....
It's getting there. here is a quick sneek peek tutorial on how the "Event Wizard' will create events.

And here is one of the 'Event Editor' adding a driver.

Best Viewed with Windows Media Player.
Bill, This is great stuff and cudos on the presentation. Please put ERCU on your list of those wanting your program.

One comment, we would be using the BOAT field for the name of the boat and often the year as well which is how we differentiat them. The most long winded name right now is Pay 'n' Pak (1969 Outrigger), will the field handle that many characters (27)? A 20 Character field would still cover just about everything.

This is really coming along GREAT!! My hat is off to you!!!!

This may have been answered/addressed earlier and forgive me if it has, I did not read each of the 5 pages....

As I watched the latest clips above the only thing that I saw that might save time and reduce entry errors during the driver entry is the ability to add a second fee rate for 2nd, 3rd, 7th boat and then a field in the driver entry screen for how many entries they are entering. This would allow for autmatic filling of the fee field and reduce the oportunity to forget to change the fee amount.

When entering a drivers information, you have all of the pertinant information, name, phone, address, boat info, frequency, etc.... but when you send in an entry form, many times there are several boats for the same driver and some races have a $$ dollar entry for the first boat and a lesser amount for the subsequent boats....

Would it be beneficial to put a data box on the add a driver screen that asks for the number of entries. Also add a field in the create an event that asks for the first entry fee and subsequent entry fee..... both fields could be the same, but in the case of different fee amounts, the system can use that field along with the add a driver field to automatically adjust the total fees.

This would eliminate the need for someone to change the fee box when entering the second, third, seventh boat.

Just a thought

Bill

Bill, hats off man. Its going to be SO NICE, from a scoring standpoint to actually have a CLUE were your at in the points at any given time.(WCRA-hint-hint) Let alone the tons of other capabilties the program will offer. GREAT WORK by all involved, Now lets start using this sucker-LOL. Andy ..

I don't know if you have addressed the DSM radios but I know some of the older programs had a problem with them when the CD would input DSM the program would count it as the same freq for all boats so no one using DSM raced each other. I suggested sthey try to input DS1, DS2 ect. but did not hear if that worked just wanted to bring it out in case someone had not though of it yet.

Today we used for the first time at our District race and as far as I know for eh first time in NAMBA a lap counting program that Andrew in Australia wrote. He modified their program to work in NAMBA for us. What we do now is hand every pit man a trigger switch and he pushes it each time his driver makes a lap the program announces the lap and keep track of position and lap times. To start the heat the CD pushes the space bar that starts an audio clock . It would be cool if Andrews application could be melded into this as a plug in to allow a complete race management suite. I know he did not charge us for the NAMBA specific changes he made for us.

Today we used for the first time at our District race and as far as I know for the first time in NAMBA a lap counting program that Andrew Young in Australia wrote. He modified their program to work in NAMBA for us. What we do now is hand every pit man a trigger switch and he pushes it each time his driver makes a lap the program announces the lap and keep track of position and lap times. To start the heat the CD pushes the space bar that starts an audio clock . It would be cool if Andrews application could be melded into this as a plug in to allow a complete race management suite. I know he did not charge us for the NAMBA specific changes he made for us. AUSSI AUSSI Oi Oi

Last edited by a moderator:
Back