Sceen Names

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Andy has a valid point, if your joking around on the other forums thats one thing, But if your selling something, you should at least fill out your bio with proper name and Email for contacts and info ;) :D

I am in full agreement with Andy. Nicknames are really cute for chatrooms and such; however it would be nice to know who is saying what. This would definately keep the jokers "on a leash". Imagine someone giving a new boater BAD advice on a setup or something. Accountability !

I agree with Andy, BUT, IF someone sees something fishy in the forsale board, I wish they would bring it up somewhere where we all know about it.

Granted Andy is still a newbie :p but he has forgotten more than i know about boats. So if you or someone else feels something if fishy, BRING IT UP, Call the guy on it in a post so we all know.

Thats the only way i see it, cause if they are TRUELY A MEMBER HERE, and Want to be part of this board, then they probably will not sell junk on here.

then im sure if its a honest mistake, it will be taken care of, if its just someone else selling junk, they will go away.

Tom

NT

guess im one of the accused...i plead guilty to screennaming..... :rolleyes: ;)

with all the new people coming in here ill get a signature up as soon as possible with my full name in it, though i do already have that and my valid email address in my profile.

Okay Guys,

I'm all for putting my signature at the bottom of my posts. I use a shortened version of my real last name to keep confusion down. We pretty much know who the regulars are here and who is trustworthy. I am concerned about whats happening to a friend of mine who recently got chumped. Never ever would I buy off of Ebay. Just too many horror stories.

Later!

Ed Radz

Guys

Here is my take.

I like the nicknames.. I waters (in the past) was never about suit and tie events and high flatulen talk. Its all about stopping by and exchanging ideas, information and just hanging out with your friends. This is the FEELING that I waters gives me. Low key, hanging with the buds, kind of a feel.

I can see where Andys point is valid. Having your name or products splattered on this site in some form or another is not all that good. If you don’t know the person posting take what they say with a grain of salt. If it’s a newbie asking about how to set up a boat.. We are here to help make this persons model boating experience better. If it is a newbie selling something or telling you the way its done, then you might want to read there idea with an open mind.

Just the way it is here in cyberspace.

Im I making any sense or am I missing the point?

Grimracer :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, the nicknames are cool if ya got one. If you do, putting just your real name in the signature is no big deal, is it?? :D

P.S. - I like the "high flatulent talk" thing ...wonder where you got that from? :p

I'm with you Mike...errr....Grim ;)

I would be happy to give my email addy to any member of this forum that asks. I keep my personal info out of my bio for two reasons.

My job (correctional officer) has a few drawbacks--one of which is that occasionally people with somewhat less than flawless moral character (convicted felons) get upset with me. Most of these people have LOTS of spare time, and I don't want to make it too easy for them or their family to contact me. It's a set-up waiting to happen. Paranoid? Maybe. What do you think Randy R.?

The other reason is a while back, I was a member of another forum (not RC related). One fine day I received an email from another 'member'. So did EVERY member that had his email addy in his bio. I'll give you two guesses what was in the attachment...and the first guess doesn't count.

One reason I like to see real names is there are some guys on here who I've known for years, but I don't know it is them. For instance, I did'nt know Ron Byrd was a regular here until he put his business logo up.

In many cases first name last initial will work, like Mike Z.

I am with you Grim, I kind of like the nick names kinda tells me something about thier personally.

As for somebody trying to jerk you around on a deal, they are going to do that with thier name or a nick name, because they are that kind of person from the start............

Like OL' Dad said<<<<<<< "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT>>>>>\\

Look what happened on the other post using....... REAL NAMES>>>>>>>

MY .02

NO-NAMER :ph34r:

PB RACING

speaking strictly from an administration point of view.......

it would be a real nightmare for me to have to change eveyones username at this point.

Like I suggested earlier, if ya got a nickname for a username, keep it! Just add your real name to your signature. Don't need your e-mail or anything like that, unless of course you want to add it, just your name. :unsure:

Hey Mikey-

Why didn't you put "Short Pump, Virginia"?? Sound a little too hillbilly for ya? :p

If the directions say "turn off the paved road" .... you might be a redneck! :lol: :lol:

Hay can I get one of those cool nick names ??

OH! I for got it might be Joe dirt ! :D

as I live in the sticks !!!! :p

Jimmy :D

Latest posts

Back