Sceen Names

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when Short Pump was the last stop until Charolettsville. That place is pretty much just an extension of West End now :blink:

Hi Guys

I have no problem with people knowing who I am. I'm always confused why people hide their age - because we can have 25 year old experts or 60 year old newbies.

We are all here to enjoy the same interests.

GT

PS. Hope this works

I am confuse why you are confuse about hiding your age. :D By the way Gary your hiding yours. :D It has got to start somewhere. Might as be with yourself.

Mike

Hey Tom,

Something I only just noticed is the signatures dont show up unless I am logged in. Is this a setting? Surely it would be better if the signatures show up for guests as well, I am sure there are a lot of people reading this forum who either dont log in or aren't members.

Ian.

Wow i take a holiday vacation and you guys talk alot... neways I like the amnimity and uniquness that a SN can give you.. not saying i'm trying to hide anything.. chances are 90% of the accounts with this name are owned by me, but thats a different story.

Neways just to stick my two cents in, part of the reason i don't use my real name on msg boards is this.. go into a bar and shout mike.. how many ppl are going to turn around? the answer is alot.. I prefer Mike, but my ful leagle is Michael. and Michael is a very common name,.. so common in fact that i actually have considered leagaly droping it, but my middle name isn't that much better. and also I have leagle docs that do not have my first name on them... (still trying to figure that one out.) those makes 1, 2, and 3. Or how bout going back to my racing name? that gives me another to make 4. I even went by my stepfathers last name for a shortwhile, 5. Now my mom is getting maried again should i take a name from that family? for a total of 6 names. How many of my names would you like? Never was I really trying to hide who i was, but more trying to find out who i was, but still it's not that hard to change it, or falsify it.

On another note, when i moved to Indiana, the town i was in there was another with the same first name, middle initial, and last name as mine. I'm still trying to get all that sorted out, and that was about 5 years ago. (aparently he isn't very good at paying bills). Chicago there is another with same first and last name.. same in Minisota, Louisiana, Washington, and New York, thats just that I know of in the states. One in Frankfurt Germany tho he spells his first and middle name differently but it's the same. Wow look at that now i'm famous, and i really don't have that common of a name.

lastly my SN was given to my by a friend.. it has stuck for almost 10 years, and i don't have to put any #'s after it still. as respect i keep it. besides what harm is there to let my new friends call me the same as my old pals?

regaurdless i still put my first anme and last inital in for those of you who would like it, but your welcome to shorten it to two letters....

-=Cy

I would suggest to take each members fingerprints to verify his real name :blink:

Maybe Osama Bin Laden has already infiltrated this community? :ph34r:

And what about checking each members criminal record monthly? :huh:

So I would suggest to do business with trustworthy people only and let us keep our sreennames :)

regards

Robert Mueller

(wow...now it happened...I posted my real name :( )

Hi Guys!

Reguardless of the screen name, it's difficult to send money to a ficticous address. When I have had a problem locating people intent on rippimg me off, The address I sent the money to was the first place I looked. Also.......If you send funds by postal money order, the person cashing it must show valid ID matching the name on the MO.

My full legal name and address is posted on my eBay profile. Anyone can access that info. I believe its also listed on my Intlwaters profile also. if not, that will be my mext step.

If I am selling something for more than $50, I always offer to buy it back if the buyed is not happy with it. Beware of things that come with a "no refunds" or or "what you see is what you get" statement attached to it.

I know that this site is all about Community, Fellowship and Trust in your fellow boater, but you still gotta watch you back.

Bob the Fool :blink:

AKA: Robert J. Bierman Sr.

321 Jefferson Ave.

Elgin, IL, 60120

See the fool is a good guy, need more people like him.

He just gave his address so people can send him money. :p

Looks like the better part of people here put in there names.

Tom

Back