Scale set-up questions....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Ashby

How much rudder do you put into your boats?

Do you set your EPA all the way out, 80-100-120%?

How much rudder (minimum) do you need to make the turns? Perhaps I should ask how many degrees does the rudder really need to move?

I'm running Hull #7207, as the 74 Technicolor. I know many of you run the same hull in some other variation.

How much rudder do you put into your boats?
Do you set your EPA all the way out, 80-100-120%?

How much rudder (minimum) do you need to make the turns? Perhaps I should ask how many degrees does the rudder really need to move?

I'm running Hull #7207, as the 74 Technicolor. I know many of you run the same hull in some other variation.
Doug your going to have to start with plenty of trim and back off a little at a time till you find the sweet spot. Mine has only about 40-50% in it all boats are different along with driving style. Some guys keep plenty in the rudder but have run enough to be gentle on the wheel,while others turn it down cause the rush kicks in and they crank the wheel off the radio. Hope this helps.....Mike

In RCU and UNW the courses are differant with the corners using differant radius's. Also it makes a differance on how long the rudder arm and servo arms are and were linkage is hooked into them. I set the radio for alot then use my dual rate for each and set it during testing.

Back