Scale Props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Wizard,

Do you run that propeller stock or do we have to pitch it up some?

Inquiring minds want to know Bob. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

shoboat said:
Hey Wizard,
Do you run that propeller stock or do we have to pitch it up some?

Inquiring minds want to know Bob. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U
Hello,

No pitch. Needs to be cut down. Starting at the trail edge via the leading edge

to the hub remove 1/8 of and inch.

Bob Morton

Hey Shoboat, that prop you sent for the scale was KICKAZZ!!!!! I did some testing between prather,abc,and octura props and the X-457 was definitely faster than the others. Great work man, keep the hot props coming!!!! I have to keep up with the WIZARD and DON in scale not to mention my own club members who are equall as fast. B)

bsmtboy2 said:
Hey Shoboat, that prop you sent for the scale was KICKAZZ!!!!! I did some testing between prather,abc,and octura props and the X-457 was definitely faster than the others. Great work man, keep the hot props coming!!!! I have to keep up with the WIZARD and DON in scale not to mention my own club members who are equall as fast. B)
Hey Charles.

See ya next weeked at Greenbriar. :D :D :D Hope some more raceers

show up it`s ablast there

Bob Morton B) B)

Hey Bob,

If you are going to keep up with Don and Charles I better clean that prop up

a little. Are you still running THE MILLER HIGH LIFE? I'm sure a tune up would

give you a little more MPH Wizard. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks For The Picture, B)

Charles,

I think I have something even FASTER NOW,I am just waiting for a few more

to come in from a supplier.

Good Luck Next Week,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Last edited by a moderator:
shoboat said:
Hey Bob,
If you are going to keep up with Don and Charles I better clean that prop up

a little. Are you still running THE MILLER HIGH LIFE? I'm sure a tune up would

give you a little more MPH Wizard. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks For The Picture, B)

Charles,

I think I have something even FASTER NOW,I am just waiting for a few more

to come in from a supplier.

Good Luck Next Week,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U
Hello Mark,

Yes still run`in the Miller High Life

Bob Morton

Wizard, ill be there with all 3 boats, the sport 40 is really running nice :p , i saw a tape of a shovel nose you were trying to setup are you bringing it with you?

Wizard, ill be there with all 3 boats, the sport 40 is really running nice :p , i saw a tape of a shovel nose you were trying to setup are you bringing it with you?

bsmtboy2 said:
Charles,

You bet the U-64 will be there. Huuuuummmmm I hear Don has a fast

Bud boat. :D :rolleyes: :D

Bob Morton B) B)

;) Bob M , sorry so long getting back but here is what I found. (shovel nose) boat don't like strut tuck and shollow, likes deep (1 3/4 in) and near neutral tuck. the p 255 , x460 x2, x462 x3 all worked very well, the x 460 x3 worked good but hopped a little more than the others. went back to the p255 at end of test session and couldn't see any differance in speed or handling. never put a gun on it so really don't know speed differance, but is nice knowing that the boat will handle 3 of them props nicely. had the boat last week end @ 54.7 mph with p 255, was a good test session, never had to row, gene gager :)

gene gager said:
;) Bob M , sorry so long getting back but here is what I found. (shovel nose) boat don't like strut tuck and shollow, likes deep (1 3/4 in) and near neutral tuck. the p 255 , x460 x2, x462 x3 all worked very well, the x 460 x3 worked good but hopped a little more than the others. went back to the p255 at end of test session and couldn't see any differance in speed or handling. never put a gun on it so really don't know speed differance, but is nice knowing that the boat will handle 3 of them props nicely. had the boat last week end @ 54.7 mph with p 255, was a good test session, never had to row, gene gager :)
B) Gene, glad to hear you found a good set up for your shovel nose.

Nice speed thats plenty for heat rac`in. :D Yea glad you stayed out of the

row boat I find thats a good Day. :rolleyes: hummm id you try a 62x80??

That seems to work best for me. Hey thanx for the feed back :p

õ¿~ ya later

Bob Morton

bob morten, this is the second try to post this post and in the middle of this posting , the pop ups took over and erased the whole mess. will try this one. today at woghop me and Ralph K did some serious testing. set 3channel on the water, then set head temp water flow to the touch. (never played with stinger size or length or pipe length until test was over. test were monitored by a satilite speed indicator. found with in 1/2 hour test session that . 457 x2 49.2mph, 460x2 49.9mph, 460x3 51.2mph,v955 x3 49.9mph , mod 462x2 53mph, p255 54.4mph , ralphs boat had 2 test with speed indicatio in it , the frist was 52.? and the last was 54.? after test session I needeled it leaner and shortened the pipe and the motoreed screemed and the boat was out of the water but guess what? 54.4mph ??????????????????going to try a p260 next. we needed to bump this thread up cause I ani't done yet. thanks gene :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gene,

Great factual posting. I have one question for you. Are you adjusting the strut

depth with each propeller change? It is critical on how they will perform,you

cannot just bolt on a different size propeller diameter and expect the best results.

I find that a lot of boaters are afraid to adjust on their setups to make their boats

run and perform better. This is really what changes are all about,I know it takes

time,but it is rewarded when you hit on the right setup. You have a large difference

of propeller diameters in your testing I see. I can't tell you enough how CRITICAL

DIAMETER CHANGES on our motors and setups affects the speed and handling of

our boats.

Thanks, Good Luck Testing! :)

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
:rolleyes: Mark & Bob, This last test also included getting engine water flow to head metered for proper head temp and remote needle on the carb set , as I rerouted those systems to get things more simple and usuer friendly. although did find that the 457x2 and 460x2 and cut down dia 462x2 were all a level ride and good handling set up, just not as fast as the p255. (p255 had previously had strut placment to its liking set). now I will play with strut adjustments with the other props. all the 3 blades made the smooth ride turn into a chop, hop, chop. thanks for the info. If I could drive as good as the boat is working I might have somthing. wishful thinking. gene gager :p

gene gager said:
:rolleyes: Mark & Bob, This last test also included getting engine water flow to head metered for proper head temp and remote needle on the carb set , as I rerouted those systems to get things more simple and usuer friendly. although did find that the 457x2 and 460x2 and cut down dia 462x2 were all a level ride and good handling set up, just not as fast as the p255. (p255 had previously had strut placment to its liking set). now I will play with strut adjustments with the other props. all the 3 blades made the smooth ride turn into a chop, hop, chop. thanks for the info. If I could drive as good as the boat is working I might have somthing. wishful thinking. gene gager :p
Hello Gene & Mark,

Hey thanz for all the good info. test, test, test will give you good results.

I wish I had more time, this site has give us great info . thanx tooooo all :D

Bob Morton Now it needs to quit raining :blink: :blink:

Back